TPMS Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I traded in my Gen 1 a few weeks ago. The deal I cut with the dealer included me taking my methods and tires off my Gen 1....The dealer could not get the TPMS to work (tried to walk around and reset etc) and I finally ran out of time and had to leave and have been driving it around with error lights going off for the past three weeks. They want me to come back which is a PIA for the fix and leave my truck for the day and come back the following day.

I put the methods on 1 month after I got my Gen 1 so March of 2014-when the stockers went on the methods and back on my Gen , I believe but cannot confirm that the original TPMS were used and I never had a problem with them on my Gen 1.

Has there been a change with the TPMS? Could mine have gone bad?

Any guidance would be appreciated-if it a new TPMS from one truck to the next, I would prefer he just send me new TPMS and I will get the work done here vs driving back.

John

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you got a new truck and are using the "older" Methods on the new truck. Sounds like you left the Gen 1 TPMS sensors in the Methods and are having issues with the new truck. YES, the TPMS is most likely been updated so you will need to replace the TPMS sensors in the wheels.

OP
OP
K

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you got a new truck and are using the "older" Methods on the new truck. Sounds like you left the Gen 1 TPMS sensors in the Methods and are having issues with the new truck. YES, the TPMS is most likely been updated so you will need to replace the TPMS sensors in the wheels.
That is what I thought....Thanks for the reply....