TPMS Codes - Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My second set of KO2's were new truck takeoffs from a 2018 Raptor, wheels and tires minus sensors. When I researched the sensors I noticed that the Gen 1 sensors would not mount to the Gen 2 valve stems so I went a different rout and put the tires on my Gen 1 rims.

The Gen 1 has a very basic TPMS system meaning when the light comes on you have to physically check each wheel with a tire gauge to find the one that has low psi.

The Gen 2 has a more robust TPMS system that is capable of displaying individual tire pressures and will display what tire needs attention when activated.

Therefore IMHO the Gen 1 BCM is not compatible with the Gen 2 sensors. That's my SWAG and I'm sticking to it.

Yeah that's what I figured. thanks for confirming that.

So if @MrSkunks buys these your saying they wont if in a Gen 2 rim?
Or you were trying to swap the sensor without pulling the valve stem?
I see a lot of TPMS manufactures each with different styles on how the sensor is connected to the valve stem.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N1C8J32/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Last edited:

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you buy the 9L3Z-1A189-A Gen 1 sensor sealed in the Motorcraft plastic bag, it comes attached to a new valve stem, $80 each at the ford store $25 on eBay. It should be ok in a Gen 2 wheel.

OP
OP
MrSkunks

MrSkunks

Reaction score
If you buy the 9L3Z-1A189-A Gen 1 sensor sealed in the Motorcraft plastic bag, it comes attached to a new valve stem, $80 each at the ford store $25 on eBay. It should be ok in a Gen 2 wheel.
So as long as it comes with the valve stem, I should be good? Do you have a link to the eBay ones?

Also is it possible that I was just using the wrong tool? I can’t imagine a ford dealer not putting the right sensor on but I could see them forgetting to learn the new sensors. But i guess anything is possible.

I just wanna try everything before I buy new sensors only to find that was the one already on it