TPMS Codes - Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrSkunks

Reaction score
Picked up my 2014 Screw from the dealer last week. The drive home was 40 miles and about half way I got a tire pressure fault. I checked the codes and it doesn’t looks like the dealer the reset them as it showed time since last reset 4000 miles. I even tried to clear the code and it comes right back.

When the dealer purchased the car, they switched the wheels to one of the 17s of the Gen 2 raptor. They also put brand new KO2s on it. So my though process was they never relearned the sensors so I ordered the learn tool.

Finally received the tool, but no go on any of the tires. I even tried the deflate method. Could not get any of them to relearn.

Is it possible they put not OEM sensors in and the learning tool doesn’t work on them? Or maybe they didn’t put them in all together? Or actual fault in the system?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8A97E6BB-FFA2-44F3-9E08-C1968636B1C0.jpeg

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's certainly possible they didn't install sensors, or non compatible ones. I would call them and explain the problem, see if they will fix it.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Gen 2 Raptor TPMS will not work on a Gen 1. Have the dealership where you bought the truck put the gen 1 sensors in the Gen 2 wheels and you will be golden.

OP
OP
MrSkunks

MrSkunks

Reaction score
The Gen 2 Raptor TPMS will not work on a Gen 1. Have the dealership where you bought the truck put the gen 1 sensors in the Gen 2 wheels and you will be golden.

Dealer I purchased it at is about 2 hours away. Don’t really want to drive up there and have them tell me that’s not the issue and it was “as is”.

Any way to confirm that the issue? If I purchase gen 1 sensors, can I learn them to the car without actually putting them in the wheel?

OP
OP
MrSkunks

MrSkunks

Reaction score
So is their any way to check if they put the Gen 2 sensors on the wheels without actually taking them or with those codes are you pretty confident that’s the case since it’s brand new wheels and tires of a Gen 2 installed by the dealer?

if there’s no a way, if I go to a shop, have them pull 1 tire off and look at the sensor part number, what would be the Gen 2 sensor part #?

3FADAA9E-3E93-4F7C-9B73-2334EFA3582D.jpeg

OP
OP
MrSkunks

MrSkunks

Reaction score
Bump again.

Also would turning off the TPMS on forscan remove the error code that pops up?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@MrSkunks

They probably didn't change the TPMS sensors. I'd bring it back!!!!
Gen 2s with class C KO2s have a much lower tire psi. then a Gen 1

I would check that you have all Class E rated tires on her.
Even if you have all Class C tires you would still need 40 psi. or above.
I don't know if Forscan can actually adjust the software in the truck for this safety feature.
SCT Tuner device with Tune is the way to go.

In any case, if you have the right TPMS in the tire, here are a few things to note.

In order for the low tire symbol to turn off (reset) on a Gen 1 you need 40 to 41 psi. minimum in each tire.

Keep in mind the Gen 1 recommended tire pressure is 44 psi. (which IMHO is stupid high)
And then drive around the block, mine sometimes goes off just starting it.

Keep in mind if and when you air down you will need a Tuner to set the low tire pressure.
If you don't have the SCT Tuner device to adjust the warning threshold the light will come on at around 36-38 psi.
If you get it working, I have mine set to 30 psi.
Also I noticed once or twice if I let out 5 or more psi. in one drive cycle the light will pop up as well.
So I've been letting out 2 psi. per drive cycle till I get 38 front and 36 rear.
On KO2 class E

Here you go:
Note this is for when you don't have the tire learning tool.

https://www.tpmsdirect.com/Schrader_20315_TPMS_Relearn_a/822.htm

Last edited:

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
if you have a buddy with a gen2 raptor, put a wheel tire on his truck and have him drive around for a little bit to see if he gets an error, or if it registers the tire pressure.