Toyo ride quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorguy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just sold the stock wheels and tires off my 13' and I want to run 35 toyo's. Since they are built so much tougher and have a higher load rating, are they going to be rough on the road. I had 35 Grabbers on my 11' and I liked them alot, although they were quite a bit rougher than the BFG's. Tell me the pro's and con's of the Toyos before I pull the trigger.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had Toyo Open Country M/T 35 1250 17s put on my truck. Only issue I ran into was the alignment. It took a few different shops before I could get it aligned not to pull to the right. These larger tires are more difficult to align, even though in spec on the machine, they still pulled. Found a shop in Houston that was able to do it. The ride is good in my opinion. They are wider than the BFG and you can feel it on the road. Also, a little more road noise, but nothing bad or loud just a little hum if you listen for it. At slow speed on hard pavement, I can feel the tread but again, not in a negative way. The big change is in off road. Those tires are awesome and they look brilliant.

Attachments

• *******.jpg
    *******.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 243
OP
OP
Raptorguy89

Raptorguy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a set of 35's for my methods. Wheels and tires are going on in the morning. Thanks for y'alls input, your trucks are what sold it for me.

RajunCajun37

Banned
Reaction score
must be an assembly plant spit'n out Raptor's on Method's with TOYO's
or a huge cookie cutter. Tires look good, yes. Been on many magazine covers, too many. Looks like Toyo and Nitto are sitting on a gold mine. Actually, if they weren't so heavy I'd buy a set. I'd run them in the mud too, not only on streets

OP
OP
Raptorguy89

Raptorguy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
must be an assembly plant spit'n out Raptor's on Method's with TOYO's
or a huge cookie cutter. Tires look good, yes. Been on many magazine covers, too many. Looks like Toyo and Nitto are sitting on a gold mine. Actually, if they weren't so heavy I'd buy a set. I'd run them in the mud too, not only on streets

Are you suggesting my truck only sees paved roads?! Seeing as their are only a few companies that make good quality good looking tires and wheels, there are only limited combinations. I don't know about you but I may see another Raptor maybe once a month, and that truck is totally stock. So if thats what you call cookie cutter then there is no hope for being original. Do you even own a Raptor?

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyos are good. I live outta the city so I have a 30 minute highway commute a few times per day and I was concerned about the road noise and general drive-ability with the Toyos but not to worry -- slight noise on the hwy but aside from that, they handle like most any other tire. I can't find my receipt so I'm guessing with the miles I have on this set but I'm thinking I will get 30--35K ad maybe more. That's good for my driving habits.

Took two tries on the alignment but after that, no problems.
Toyos will instantly change the look of your truck -- much more aggressive appearance for sure. They weigh a bit but I have the usual performance mods for power and since I don't take corners at 70mph, there's really no problem in those areas either.