Toyo open country RT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheels are torqued to spec. I think psi was set at 44, will double check. No, not losing traction. Best way to compare is to my sons jeep. I can move the steering wheel a couple inches to either side and kind of not move the truck in that direction, at speeds. Front left tire feels a bit shaky. Could be whole front end. Wondering if I switch to AT2 or terra grappler g2?

OP
OP
rap67

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheels are torqued to spec. I think psi was set at 44, will double check. No, not losing traction. Best way to compare is to my sons jeep. I can move the steering wheel a couple inches to either side and kind of not move the truck in that direction, at speeds. Front left tire feels a bit shaky. Could be whole front end. Wondering if I switch to AT2 or terra grappler g2?

my experience with my truck (2014 SCREW) is that the steering is pretty tight and responsive. I've have three different tires in two sizes on the truck and have never had a change in steering feel or control. Ive had it aligned every time I changed tires though.

I dont know the mechanics of the steering but perhaps theres an issue there.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my experience with my truck (2014 SCREW) is that the steering is pretty tight and responsive. I've have three different tires in two sizes on the truck and have never had a change in steering feel or control. Ive had it aligned every time I changed tires though.

I dont know the mechanics of the steering but perhaps theres an issue there.

It was tight until tires/wheels went on. Shop will look at it next week.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the R/T's and didn't notice any difference at highway speeds. I run mine at 40psi. The G2 or AT2 will have better road manners being all terrains but it doesn't sound like that is the issue here. Good luck with the diagnosis

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can drop them to 40. I had 44 per shop. Dropped to 42 this morning but haven't driven it yet . I will try 40.

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subscribed...getting these or the Duratracs as my next set..had the Duratracs on my old truck and loved them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rojo212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great question.

I'm pretty sure they're the 20mm offset.

I tried the 1mm. But they were too far outside the fender fir me.

My wheels came in today. They have the 6mm offset. Hopefully I dont run into that problem.. i get them mounted this afternoon.