Toyo open country RT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rap67

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good buddy... I just orderd 17" Fuel Trophy D552 & the Toyo R/T 35×12.5R17... They should be here by next Wednesday.. I have had my eye on that wheel and tire combo for awhile. Thanks for posting pics. You helped confirm my decision..
you're welcome. This forum, some guys in particular have been a huge hep to me. Just sharing when I can.

OP
OP
rap67

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marcj33, how's the feel so far since you've had them on for a little? You take it off road at all? Thanks

I like them a lot.

They are a lot quiet and smoother and they track great. They feel a little softer than the MTs as well. no off road yet, the first time i get to do that will be at Rise of the phoenix this weekend.

im leaning toward selling my OEM rubber on methods now that these may be my every day AND off road tire...

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great to know! Thanks for the update. It's very assuring just reading updated posts. I was very impressed when I saw them in person that's for sure

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for those with the R/T. We got a set of 20" last week. I noticed the same low speed vibration as another poster. Also, at speed, say 50mph and over, we notice a loose on-center feel in the steering wheel. In simple terms, it wanders a bit. Takes a lot more effort to keep straight. Anybody else with this issue? Any suggestions? Shop said they can order a cam kit and do an alignment to try and correct but that shouldn't be needed with no lift. Any help is appreciated. We have the 500 mile guarantee, so perhaps switching to AT2 is a better solution?

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
does it get worse the faster u go. could be the wheels/tires were not balanced correctly...between 20's and those tires u have a somewhat heavy combo so if they are out of balance u will really feel it

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The balance/smoothness doesn't get worse. The wandering and looseness in steering does. I would say it's about same above 60. I guess it drifts side to side, so to speak.

rojo212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The balance/smoothness doesn't get worse. The wandering and looseness in steering does. I would say it's about same above 60. I guess it drifts side to side, so to speak.

Like if your losing traction at the front wheels?

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say check the psi in each tire. Shop may have over inflated them. Check them cold. As the tires heat up, psi will rise as well. To much air in the tires will cause what the problem you are experiencing