Toyo Open Country RT Trail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just watched a video on the line of a guy that had some RT trails and he said 3 ply sidewall. They were a smaller size then we run but would believe that they all would be 3 ply. If thats the case I think it will be my next set of tires.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bringing this back.

I need tires and I HATE the K02's I have on my truck now. I was initially looking at the yokohama Geolander MT but just started looking at he Toyo A/T 3 and the R/T Trail. I like the more aggressive look of the R/T trails. I'm in southern NY and we get our share of rain and snow. The R/T trails are supposed to be a hybrid tire between the A/T 3 and the M/T. Anyone recently have these installed that could give me some feedback on everyday driving? Thanks.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had them for 4k miles with about 500 miles off-road. I don’t feel they are any better than the KO2’s and in a couple of cases I’ve felt like I’ve had worse traction. That’s just me and my opinion.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of how delicate the KO2s are. Extremely easy to feather in the hill country (winding roads with constant elevation changes). Even at 5k rotations. I don't mind them in the wet/muck/etc, but they suck as a daily driver for us spirited folk on winding roads. They get REALLY loud with minimal miles between rotations. My old Firestone Destination MTs were 1000 times better tire and wear no louder than the KO2's ended up. Currently looking for something that looks good, but more importantly lasts a minute and is ok with "ONLY" 5k rotations. Then there is the whole weight issue...

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If there was a perfect tire there would be only one.

Given current price of KO2s I will probably stick with them (unless something changes in about 3 months when I am ready to purchase)

Otherwise Falken is looking good

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of how delicate the KO2s are. Extremely easy to feather in the hill country (winding roads with constant elevation changes). Even at 5k rotations. I don't mind them in the wet/muck/etc, but they suck as a daily driver for us spirited folk on winding roads. They get REALLY loud with minimal miles between rotations. My old Firestone Destination MTs were 1000 times better tire and wear no louder than the KO2's ended up. Currently looking for something that looks good, but more importantly lasts a minute and is ok with "ONLY" 5k rotations. Then there is the whole weight issue...

I was happy with my Destination M/Ts other than weight. They did get really, really loud at the end of life however.
I too like to hustle winding roads.

jeanco

2019 scab
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ford dealership for KO 2 price is $ 1256 with free alignment and $ 60 rebate or 23,000 ford pass point.
34 000 miles ,2019 Scab.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was happy with my Destination M/Ts other than weight. They did get really, really loud at the end of life however.
I too like to hustle winding roads.
Weight is defintely why they are not on my list these days., They also were not the greatest on winding roads. But they didn't even care if you'd ripped lugs off in the rocks. Just kept on business as usual... slow wearing and no surprises.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had them for 4k miles with about 500 miles off-road. I don’t feel they are any better than the KO2’s and in a couple of cases I’ve felt like I’ve had worse traction. That’s just me and my opinion.
Are you talking about on road or off road?