Toyo Open Country RT Trail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed, never understood the infatuation with K02. They wear like shit, are noisy, and throw rocks like crazy while being mediocre at everything except wet pavement which they suck terribly at. Pretty much everyone can pick a tire that's better for their environment and cheaper.
I had mine on my 22 for 1 month and couldnt take it in the wet/snow/ice.... the WORST tire ive ever experienced. Put on Falken AT3W like ive had many times before and the truck is now the way it should be.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed these recently and they are much quieter on the highway as advertised. Stable tires with good traction. These replaced the Yokohama MT's that I previously had on there and better suit my overall driving needs.

You mind posting up the the sidewall construction? Should be in a smaller font near the bead.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are the R/T Trails replacing the R/Ts or having two different options now? I like the R/Ts and would have gotten those over my Mickey Thompsons had they been available. May consider them next if I don't think my MT Boss's hold up.

Slaptor911

Reaction score
I just got them installed today. 37”12.5 17. Ride smooth on the road. Look like they’ll work good off road. Most Toyo’s do. I ran the RT‘s for 50,000 miles on my Gladiator. Great tire. only issue some have is they are Heavy, but VERY durable. I like durable.

Attachments

• 5A1C8463-EA67-4FD8-8A6D-D90AF1E6CD3A.jpeg
    5A1C8463-EA67-4FD8-8A6D-D90AF1E6CD3A.jpeg
    293 KB · Views: 195
OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got them installed today. 37”12.5 17. Ride smooth on the road. Look like they’ll work good off road. Most Toyo’s do. I ran the RT‘s for 50,000 miles on my Gladiator. Great tire. only issue some have is they are Heavy, but VERY durable. I like durable.
Look great!! Does the 37 say 3 ply sidewall or 2 ply?

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed, never understood the infatuation with K02. They wear like shit, are noisy, and throw rocks like crazy while being mediocre at everything except wet pavement which they suck terribly at. Pretty much everyone can pick a tire that's better for their environment and cheaper.
As I have said before (different thread probably) OEM tires are normally garbage.

My biggest issue (which seems to go against many here) is load range C. Only a few manufacturers make a 35" tire in load range C. So options are limited.