GEN 2 Toyo Open Country R/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone running these tires? How do they compare to stock BFG's on the street? Specifically road noise. I

I have a set of aftermarket wheels coming and I'm debating swapping my stock BFGs over to them or getting a different tire so I have 2 sets of wheels/tires. My truck is primarily street use.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/toyo-tire-open-country-r-t I noticed these are E2 load range in factory size. Where my BFG are C. Will that make much of a difference?

Thanks!

Reaction score
According to Toyo's site, they make a C ply in stock size. I have run them on my F-350. I liked them and even got 45,000 miles out of them (most miles ever on that truck, a lot of gravel roads and off road for work).
Since getting the Raptor the F-350 is now a pure work truck, I have been running the Firestone MT's.
I like the Toyo's better for road noise and road manners.

The Toyo's are one of my choice's when I replace the stock KO2's.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had them and thought they were great. Very quiet from what it is. I switch to ridge grapplers and wished I would of stuck with the RTs.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the RTs on my Raptor, had MTs on my Avalanche. RTs are way more quieter than MTs. Toyos also wear like iron, as long as you keep them properly inflated, and rotated every 5K miles. I always got 45 - 50K on the MTs. Hoping for the same on the RTs!

Heavyfoot88

Reaction score
If you’re concerned with going to an E rated tire...I do believe that the Toyo RT’s can be had in a c rated tire like we currently have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 37” RTs on mine and they are far quieter than the MTs I had on previous F150s. I have 16,000 miles and they still look / ride fantastic. I rotate them every 5000 miles, so they are wearing perfectly.

MasterKeebs

Reaction score
I run toyo R/T’s as well. True 35x12.5x17’s. Couldn’t be happier. I start to get noticeable road noise when they get down to about 10-12/32’s. A little pricey, but great tires.

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the RTs on my Raptor, had MTs on my Avalanche. RTs are way more quieter than MTs. Toyos also wear like iron, as long as you keep them properly inflated, and rotated every 5K miles. I always got 45 - 50K on the MTs. Hoping for the same on the RTs!

What do you think of the Open Country AT3
LT315/70/1135C2 BSW
DT has them at $266 each.
Toyo lists it as their preference for OEM replacement...
:)
Smokey

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you think of the Open Country AT3
LT315/70/1135C2 BSW
DT has them at $266 each.
Toyo lists it as their preference for OEM replacement...
:)
Smokey
It's their newest tire. It's supposed to be very good, but I don't have any actual experience with them.

I think that Toyo gets a bar rap sometimes, but I think they are great tires. I wouldn't run any other rubber. Once again, the key is inflation and rotation. Do that (and that's for any tire really) and you'll get 45 - 50K miles.