Toyo AT3 35 12.50 Road noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tampaukfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put on a set of new Toyo 35 12.50 20s and am hearing a lot of noise on the highway at 70MPH+, anyone else with have them and feel they are a lot louder than the BFG's?

IMG_0028-XL.jpg

OP
OP
T

Tampaukfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck rides EXACTLY the same as it did with the 17" KO2s. I am asking about road noise, the Toyos are louder than the Ko2's ... My question is about not ride quality, that has not changed.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Truck rides EXACTLY the same as it did with the 17" KO2s. I am asking about road noise, the Toyos are louder than the Ko2's ... My question is about not ride quality, that has not changed.

That's actually pretty shocking. I haven't ridden in a truck with AT3's yet but my Toyo RT's were quieter than KO2's so it's odd their all terrain is that loud. We've sold about a dozen sets and no complaints. I just put a set on my brother in laws Jeep Gladiator. He said can't tell a difference from the OEM street tires.

anothervr6kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy has Toyos on his Ram. They seemed louder than my KO2s on the Raptor. I don't know what model he had though. Maybe check your alignment to see if something is causing the noise... or drive someone's truck with KO2s to see how they sound.

IconicBronco

Reaction score
Had AT3s on my Tundra, were louder than KO2s but balanced a lot better. Could not get KO2s to balance and replaced them. Could have just been a bad batch, K02s on my Raptor are fine

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck doesn't ride exactly the same on less rubber, sorry, doesn't work that way.

Edit: Then again it may be difficult to notice the difference at the Starbuck's drive-thru, almost forgot we are dealing with 20" wheels.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck doesn't ride exactly the same on less rubber, sorry, doesn't work that way.

Edit: Then again it may be difficult to notice the difference at the Starbuck's drive-thru, almost forgot we are dealing with 20" wheels.

I agree. The OP is fooling himself if he thinks his truck rides the same on 20s as it did on the factory 17s. The physics of losing 1.5” of tire wall rubber height make it impossible.

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have at3’s on my CRV and they seem very loud to me. I was expecting them to be a lot quieter. I have KO2s on raptor and geolander G015 on Lexus GX460. Both are extremely quiet.

OP
OP
T

Tampaukfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's actually pretty shocking. I haven't ridden in a truck with AT3's yet but my Toyo RT's were quieter than KO2's so it's odd their all terrain is that loud. We've sold about a dozen sets and no complaints. I just put a set on my brother in laws Jeep Gladiator. He said can't tell a difference from the OEM street tires.

Tire distributor buddy of mine said the same thing more or less... sold a ton of them and no noise complaints.
Obviously the harmonics are going to vary from brand to brand. KO2's pitch is probably lower.. the noise increases with speed.. 75-80 is when it really is noticeble.