Towing Track Car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carbondan

Reaction score
Check out my thread from 2 years ago - towing a bunch of my track cars but most recently and most extensively my GT3 Cup car. No WDH needed. It tows beautifully. Way more than enough power for any situation, excellent braking. Aside from a little bit of sagging rear suspension which is nothing more than a cosmetic 'problem' it's a perfect setup.

OP
OP
G

Gated_6

Reaction score
Thanks all for the previous input. Especially Carbondan. Back on this project but am pursuing an enclosed 20 or 24' trailer. Most likely an ATC race trailer.

20' = 2828lb
24' = 3208lb

Would be towing a single sports car at a time. Most likely within 1-3 hours of home in largely flat and straight Florida. Perhaps to some tracks a bit further away if the rig proves itself.

I've reached out to ATC to see if the recommend the use of a WDH since their trailers are aluminum.

Cars weigh 3200 - 4100 lbs dry. The 4100lb would be an exception once evert 5 years or so for a large service on one vehicle. Most commonly to be used with GT4 RS at around 3200 lbs curb weight.

Is anyone towing sports cars in a comparably sized / weight enclosed trailer? If so, any input?

Have also read an additional tip of securing car within trailer via the chassis to prevent so much movement over undulations.

PGas32

Reaction score
I’m sure it’ll do it, just be aware that a Raptor isn’t the right tool for that job. I had a barebones 20’ ATC with a 2600lbs Spec Boxster in it and that was enough for me to upgrade my long bed F-150 with the 5.0 to a Super Duty. It just wasn’t a fun experience, the truck was clearly stressed (it’s not just the weight, remember you’re towing something the frontal area of a small house), warped rotors in no time, etc.

You’re mileage may vary, and to be fair, I’m definitely not one of those ‘can’t even tell it’s back there’ guys.