Towing Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WooPig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m looking for some knowledge from those with experience towing with the 2nd gen. I’ve got a 19 Screw and looking at getting a 32’ travel trailer, 6400 lbs dry with GVRW of 7995 lbs, tongue weight is just over 600 (per the manufacturer). It will have WD hitch also.

Has anyone towed something that long and that close to max? I won’t pull it super often maybe 10 ten times per year and it wouldn’t be super far either. Biggest question is, would this be safe with the Rap or is a 3/4 ton a must have with something this long? I don’t want to get rid of the truck but if it can’t handle that trailer safely then I will trade her in. Really would love to hear from someone who tows a large RV or has tower one with a gen 2 like mine.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You might find the suspension is a bit compliant for something that weight. It's going to depend on what your tolerance is, your expectations and experience, get the best WD hitch you can afford! If your going shorter distances and staying off freeways it will be a better experience (all light trailer tires are rated at 65mph so its not your speed; it's traffic, semi's and getting blown past by things with large frontal area). If your willing to modify the truck (long travel air bags, E-rated tires), it could improve the experience. A stock Raptor absolutely will do it, but it won't do it near as well as a standard f150 with a tow package.