GEN 2 Towing Capacity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JR1

Reaction score
I’m new to the Raptor world so forgive me if this has been asked previously. I read in the owner’s manual that to tow the max of 8200# modifications must be made. What type of modifications have to be done to a stock 2018 to tow this maximum? Thank you in advance for your help!

Hal993

Reaction score
I would think you've long found your answer, but actual (safe, legal) towing capacity depends on how you load the vehicle and the trailer.

I'm brand new to the Raptor family, but I've been digging in to know what it can and cannot do. here's a little snapshot of a payload/towing worksheet I did this morning -- after visiting a CAT Scale with the tank (almost) full.

Screen Shot 2023-09-15 at 1.09.57 PM.png

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Running aftermarket tune how does that impact towing capacity? Since HP / Torque #'s much higher.
IMHO more power/torque doesn't change the capacity - sure you can tow more/easier, but towing limits are built around the truck's overall limits by the manufacturer

many will say braking is going to be more important than towing power as well...