GEN 2 Towing an RV

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by rwj333, Feb 25, 2017.

1. weezy

weezy Full Access Member

Would you be willing to travel a bit? Last I checked, Town and Country Ford in Evansville, IN had a blue SCREW in stock (about 10 days ago). I got mine from there at $2k below sticker (but I also special ordered it from them so I had some bargaining power).

Please don't give up on finding one at or below sticker. I know it's easier said than done, but it is probably still worthwhile to buy a plane ticket for $1000 and get one at sticker, than just spend another $4000 on a conveniently located one...

Just try looking a little further out from your location. Good luck to you.

2. wwgman

wwgman Member

I live in Walla Walla Wa and I've called dealers all over the Northwest and have yet to find one of these mythical MSRP deals. I had one ordered in Eugene at $4500 over. I cancelled it and bought one in Colorado for $4500 over. They may come down sooner than later but I'm sure not seeing it anywhere that
    i'm looking.

3. Cobber

Cobber Full Access Member

I'm not far away in Spokane and I ordered mine at Msrp. My 2013 I got a great deal under MSRP same dealer but considering the markups elsewhere especially Seattle. I'll take msrp. I do know Gus Johnson had 7 allocations and I believe they were all spoken for but maybe worth a try. Mine will be the 4th truck built, this Friday finally. Another member autophanatic is about now too. So don't know what the status is on the last 2 allocations.

4. Monsoon Chopper

Monsoon Chopper Full Access Member

Saw this article this morning. 2017 Ford Raptor: Comprehensive Guide to Maximum Towing and Payload Specs - The Fast Lane Truck

5. Dane

Dane FRF Addict

This guy is about 5,500 pounds as seen in the picture. Obviously it's a Gen 1. It does have +3 Deavers and a bump stop kit (which isn't touching in tow mode in this picture).

You'll be fine.

Attached Files:

6. Mikerider

Mikerider Full Access Member

Try calling Jess ford in Pullman WA I know they sold one at MSRP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. rwj333

rwj333 Member

Thank you for all of your responses

Hi everyone. Thank you for all of your responses... after tons of searching for a new Raptor at msrp, I fell into a great deal. I found a 2013 red Raptor with all the specs I wanted (ADD front bumper with fog lights, totally loaded with all options), with only 12,000 miles on it!!! It came from a man's collection of 70 high performance vehicles. It has lived inside a climate controlled shop its entire life. The man wanted to sell it to purchase a new Shelby truck. I got a great deal way below blue book and could not be happier. I will put some Deavers on this and should have no problem towing. Thank you for all the information you have shared. Maybe some day I will upgrade to a gen. 2... but for now, I'm thrilled. I got a practically new 2013 at a price I could easily afford.

Attached Files:

8. RaptorEnthusiast

RaptorEnthusiast Full Access Member

Congrats on your Gen 1 :) Great looking truck and practically brand new as you mentioned with the 12K miles on it.

Great find!

David

rwj333 likes this.