Towing ability…definitely impressed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One thing I did notice is these Gen3s seem to squat even worse than the Gen2s, is there an stiffer aftermarket coil spring option yet or no? Airbags?
Great question. However, I haven’t dug into this as I have no plans of doing either of the above.

deucedevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eibach told me they would have theirs out by end of year literally today. Geiser said by early September. I've inquired to both companies some specs on potential increased payload but not answers yet. I think Geiser said it would lift rear 2" with no payload in bed.

I run a 6000# adventure trailer with about 600# tongue weight dry and 800# when loaded with gear/tanks/etc. I have a 2021 F150 with 2" rough country lift now. It sank the bed 2" but I have about 2" of rake so leveled it off. My 22 goes in to production Monday and I'm worried about it sagging with same specs. I'm okay putting a little rake in it unsprung since I tow the trailer a lot. Family did 5000 miles this summer alone.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Word of advice- back the old truck on next time, helluva lot less tongue weight when the engines in the back lol

Loading it backwards with most of the weight rear of the trailer axles is a 1 way ticket into the bar ditch, or worse.

Those uhaul trailers are designed to have the tires up against the front rail, otherwise the straps won't work. It's fine.

OP
OP
Bubbasuwannee

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was your tongue weight? That truck looks to be on too short of a trailer and should have been moved further back.
No idea. This was the trailer they had for me when I arrived. Tonque weight was probably pretty high, but there's no way to shift the weight back. The only option I had was to back the truck on which would've put all of the weight at the back of the trailer.

OP
OP
Bubbasuwannee

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How fast were you able to go? I towed a Dodge Dakota 300 miles with my Gen 2 and never felt comfortable going over 65mph. Just set the cruise at 60mph and watched all the cars pass me going 25 mph faster. That was a fun day :)

I set my cruise around 65-66. I got up to 70 or so a few times and it felt fine. Really was a smooth ride.

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought of that, but didn't want all the weight in the rear. These trailers don't allow for any load adjustment unfortunately.
Smart. Loading it backwards would’ve likely made for a wobbly, possibly dangerous ride. Soft suspension on the truck and a short trailer needs some tongue weight.