Towing a camper on the beach?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DBRaptor

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've tried to find info on here regarding this and couldn't so figured to post and see what you think / know. I just bought a new 19 802A SCREW and am interested in purchasing a new camper. I'd be taking it on camping trips to the beach and possibly national parks etc.

Question is...can the Raptor handle towing a camper on the beach? I've done a little research and what I've found is that it's not the best at towing heavy trailers. What I am looking at is not a huge trailer, actually on the smaller size, about 5600 lbs (with no added weight in it like food, clothes etc).

Thoughts?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
truck wont have an issue on pavement. the beach though...... driver can be the worst enemy. on sand you need to air down and you should probably air the trailer tires down as well. this allows everything to sit a little higher on the sand and not dig a hole so deep so quickly. if you are in 2wd the added weight of the trailer on the hitch will bury you pretty quick. do no turn the wheel before moving. if you do, you will be shoveling yourself out. need to move ahead in a straight line and get movement before you turn. if you park uphill in sand, dont try to pull forward. back out. i go to pismo dunes a lot. my trailer with 3 quads and all our stuff is right around 4k lbs. not quite as heavy as you, but if you follows these steps, you wont have to worry about getting stuck

OP
OP
DBRaptor

DBRaptor

Reaction score
truck wont have an issue on pavement. the beach though...... driver can be the worst enemy. on sand you need to air down and you should probably air the trailer tires down as well. this allows everything to sit a little higher on the sand and not dig a hole so deep so quickly. if you are in 2wd the added weight of the trailer on the hitch will bury you pretty quick. do no turn the wheel before moving. if you do, you will be shoveling yourself out. need to move ahead in a straight line and get movement before you turn. if you park uphill in sand, dont try to pull forward. back out. i go to pismo dunes a lot. my trailer with 3 quads and all our stuff is right around 4k lbs. not quite as heavy as you, but if you follows these steps, you wont have to worry about getting stuck

Thanks! Side note - I also emailed your website regarding adding sound to my truck. Purchased an 802A 19 SCREW and immediately put JL Audio speakers on all 4 doors. Now looking into adding a sub and amp (pref JL). Crutchfield has me at like $2600k in my cart and wanted a second opinion.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Side note - I also emailed your website regarding adding sound to my truck. Purchased an 802A 19 SCREW and immediately put JL Audio speakers on all 4 doors. Now looking into adding a sub and amp (pref JL). Crutchfield has me at like $2600k in my cart and wanted a second opinion.
i will check the email. feel free to text or call me for much quicker responses. (831) 254-7562