GEN 2 towed in today FFS!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kid icarus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the high pressure fuel pump failed, would it cause this? I really doubt that it is a stuck injector.
How is the engine oil level? Does it smell like gas?

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There was no fuel on the ground. And I didn’t notice any dripping out of the tail pipe but I smelled lots. Unless the gauge was malfunctioning? Where would 10-15 gallons go?

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the high pressure fuel pump failed, would it cause this? I really doubt that it is a stuck injector.
How is the engine oil level? Does it smell like gas?
It’s at the dealership. I’m going by in a bit. I’ll check

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The description sounded to me like a faulty fuel pump, except for the smell. Pretty much everything I can think of fails to explain the smell of fuel while not seeing any dripping anywhere.

Anxious to hear what the dealer says.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went to have a look , the oil level seems like 1/2 quart high , i did have it changed saturday maybe the added a bit much. I should have turned the key on to see if the tank still showed empty.

kid icarus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to have a look , the oil level seems like 1/2 quart high , i did have it changed saturday maybe the added a bit much. I should have turned the key on to see if the tank still showed empty.

Did the oil smell like gas?

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like Ford's quality control on these 3.5s is shit. These things either go 250,000+ miles or explode before the first 50,000 miles.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1st you accuse the OP of running a tune (did not pan out) and then you you accuse Ford of bad quality control. Let's see what's the shop says and then you can give your opinion.

I feel like Ford's quality control on these 3.5s is shit. These things either go 250,000+ miles or explode before the first 50,000 miles.

Last edited: