Tow Rules....straps, hitch, chains, winches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good stuff...i see a ton of people towing or winching people out, but i doubt everybody gets educated (myself included) on the equipment they use. Not one person will know it all...so any and all info is great.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you could see my face thru the monitor... you would see me soaking all this up like a sponge. <G> Interesting info by some guys that have very obviously 'been there done that'. I have pulled a lot of people out in my day, but with a log chain. What you guys are talking about is practically science...

Falcon... waiting on my Raptor at my Mom's house... I have no vehicle to drive 200 miles back to home until I get my Truck. You could say I am anxious <GG>

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly falcon most of my info is from the fact that part of my rate involves being a wrecked operator. Most of my off-road specific knowledge is from online research and tech manuals... unfortunately when it comes to this stuff learning in the trenches is not the way to go. Margins of error are small and consequences dire.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Honestly falcon most of my info is from the fact that part of my rate involves being a wrecked operator. Most of my off-road specific knowledge is from online research and tech manuals... unfortunately when it comes to this stuff learning in the trenches is not the way to go. Margins of error are small and consequences dire.

Was that supposed to be wrecker operator?:confused:

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, kinda slow...what does bucked mean?
You ain't too slow Cowboy, the Customer Service dude didn't know either <G>. I gather that it is when your order gets started on the line to be built. Maybe some of the Ford guys can tell us what the terminology means.

Falcon