TOW HOOKS & WINCH MOUNTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just search "hidden winch mount 2013 ford raptor" on google and buy the one that pops up. I've been running the mount with my Smitty Built X2O 12K winch for 5 years or so now. I do beach towing as a side hustle and the setup has been AMAZING. Before that I used a 50ft kinetic bubba rope and it was a pain in the ass....literally. Not fun when someone's bumper cuts the rope and launches 45ft of line into the tailgate.

Get the winch with a wireless remote, synthetic line, synthetic soft shackle, a tree saver and a snatch block. That'll solve the vast majority of the issues you come across. I also replaced the factory winch hook with a Factor55 UltraHook.

- Travis

OP
OP
W
Reaction score
Awesome , thank you …

I plan to side hustle on assateague island beach as well…. People think AWD is 4x4 ….
It’s fun to watch

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the hidden winch on my 2013. Loved it. It is heavy up front but I was not looking for jumps but to crawl over rocks. In that truck, I never got stuck but I did use the winch on fences, trees (ranch work) and to pull other people out.

Attachments

• 29D7938C-79BD-4D6D-961C-B888A96EFD58.jpeg
    29D7938C-79BD-4D6D-961C-B888A96EFD58.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 10

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome , thank you …

I plan to side hustle on assateague island beach as well…. People think AWD is 4x4 ….
It’s fun to watch
Winching in the sand is a different animal. In case you have to self recover, you should look at carrying a land anchor. There are not many trees big enough or rooted enough on the beach, to handle the weight and drag of what a Gen1 Raptor will have in the sand.
Good luck! And I know there is “easy money” to be made on the beach.