Touchscreen died AGAIN after replacement...is this common?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtgod

Reaction score
My touchscreen is again DEAD...just replaced a month ago. the first round started with sluggish response and then just went black. This time, it went straight to black. Is this common? I am not happy at all.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My touchscreen is again DEAD...just replaced a month ago. the first round started with sluggish response and then just went black. This time, it went straight to black. Is this common? I am not happy at all.

That is bogus. Keep exact records. You might be able to build a case for lemon law if they can't fix timely.

OP
OP
D

dirtgod

Reaction score
They had such a backlog for the repair parts the first time that my dealer had the truck for a week..then called and told me I would have to wait another two weeks for the part. So, I picked it up and had to bring it back when the part arrived. And then they failed to give my wife (who picked it up for me) any paperwork on the warranty work even though they verbally claimed to have also conducted the seat belt shroud recall campaign. A month later, the screen is dead again. And its a blacktop queen so it has not been abused -- 14k miles in 20 months. I told them today I want the paperwork for the last visit as I smell a lemon. The GM called me as I have done legal work for this dealer in the past so don't expect a problem no matter what, but Jesus what a POS. Between this and the funky shifts from that tranny and I am about to return to my german sedan habit.