Totaled raptor. Do I get a F250 or wait for new raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your accident. Lucky you and the other party came out ok and your only problem is deciding on a new truck.

It’s pretty cut and dry in making your decision. Do you need high payload and tow numbers? Or do you want a smaller truck just for light loads and towing, not to mention use more as a DD and the off-road looks and performance? Or does the Diesel do it for you with monster torque in a big truck? What the future holds is still a guess for the Raptor.

I didn’t realize all the Raptor specific panels are fiberglass/composite type. I knew from underneath the hood looked to be. I feel better knowing all that money I paid for it were costs associated with these panels ;) All the weight of these trucks apparently seems to be in the frame and drivetrain/suspension.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be hesitant to purchase a new diesel with all of the complicated sensors, computers, DEF fluid, etc. due to federal emission regulations. They are currently choked to death. Also, good luck diagnosing and repairing anything yourself when a CEL comes on after the factory warranty expires.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be hesitant to purchase a new diesel with all of the complicated sensors, computers, DEF fluid, etc. due to federal emission regulations. They are currently choked to death. Also, good luck diagnosing and repairing anything yourself when a CEL comes on after the factory warranty expires.

Seriously?? You are kidding right. Have you had any experience with the new 6.7s? Not being offensive, but your statement is so far off its crazy. Drive a new 6.7 and get back with me. Choked. HAHA. Any new vehicle out of warranty sucks to have repaired. Sure the diesel is more expensive, but keep it under warranty and you're golden. No need to do any mods to the new gen 6.7. They run GREAT!!!!!

Sam

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya he wasn’t looking and just straight pulled out. Thinking about a 250 or waiting for new raptor

If I was in your shoes, I too would have a tough time deciding between waiting for a new Raptor or going with an F350 Tremor

They have the highest torque, HP, towing and payload currently then ever before, so hardly choked to death. That said, there is a lot more things that can go wrong with them and fixing them is quite a bit more expensive than they were pre-emissions regulations.

11F150

Reaction score
Dont forget how big the F250 or F350 is. That is what stopped me from getting one and going with a raptor. If you dont have an issue with parking it at your house or wanting to put it in a garage then consider the f250. I myself want my truck inside my garage so the F250 was out.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont forget how big the F250 or F350 is. That is what stopped me from getting one and going with a raptor. If you dont have an issue with parking it at your house or wanting to put it in a garage then consider the f250. I myself want my truck inside my garage so the F250 was out.
I guess its a matter of perspective. I sold my 2015 F350 FX4 for a smaller truck, a 2017 Raptor SCREW. My Raptor is wider, but much shorter than my F350.