Torsen Differential

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joeeyyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All,

I'm very close to finally purchasing a Raptor! It is a 2014 with 55,650 miles for $47,900. It is located in Oregon. I live in Arizona and have thorough researching options and questions to ask before purchase and shipping. I want to know if this vehicle has the Torsen Differential upfront, can you help me determine if this truck is equipped with it? I have included the original window sticker that the used car dealership provide me. Any help and useful information is greatly appreciated. This is a big purchase for me and I want to get it right. Otherwise, I have to answer to my WIFE

20201107_090347.jpg

OP
OP
J

Joeeyyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. I thought the diff was still an option depending, which package you purchased 801 luxury or 802. Yes, prices right now on full-size trucks has gone up during this damn pandemic. Supply and demand, on average 3-5k extra on trucks. Dealers are not willing to negotiate, and private sellers are nowhere to be found. I appreciate your feedback

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im sorry, i need to edit my original post. the 801a has the torsen front diff. that was the highest package you could get for the 13/14 year truck

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
They are getting hard to find and if you want one in great shape and low miles they are almost nonexistent. If that truck is in perfect condition that is a true unicorn. And if you want one you want one and at this point it probably means over paying to get one, but having said all that. The price is high especially if there are no upgrades beyond stock. I’d say roughly that truck should be in the ballpark of low 40’s to $40k. But also if you pass on that you may not get another crack at one like that so it’s really how much you want it I guess. I’d really try to negotiate that down though. You can KBB that truck and it will tell you $40k

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although the price "seems" high at the time,I totally agree with @Frogger22,they are getting super hard to find.I found MY Unicorn 2 years ago with 50,000 on it and paid little under what your looking at,but it was also a Super-Unicorn that was sent to Shelby for the Whipple SC upgrade & even had a brand new $1500 set of tires on it,so owner had little over $80K into it....Truck was Mint-Mint-Mint,never off road and got a 99 out of 100 when I had a PPI done on it.
At the time I bought ,for the 3 weeks I waited for it to be delivered (I never drove it,had it sent to independent shop for PPI) all I could think of was,did I make a mistake,and some were calling me crazy....2 years later I'm still grinning from ear to ear.....So bottom line,if its MINT and you LOVE it...dont let a couple thousand$ stand between you and the best truck you will ever own.....:33:
I would highly recommend you getting it to a shop,OTHER than the dealer your buying it from (if a dealer) and get a total PPI on it...gonna set you back appx. $100....and then THEY will have to answer to your Wife and not you...LOL;)

Last edited:

TCR 223

Reaction score
They are getting hard to find and if you want one in great shape and low miles they are almost nonexistent. If that truck is in perfect condition that is a true unicorn. And if you want one you want one and at this point it probably means over paying to get one, but having said all that. The price is high especially if there are no upgrades beyond stock. I’d say roughly that truck should be in the ballpark of low 40’s to $40k. But also if you pass on that you may not get another crack at one like that so it’s really how much you want it I guess. I’d really try to negotiate that down though. You can KBB that truck and it will tell you $40k
hard to find for sure. i picked my 13 SCREW with 65k on it 2 years ago at a Dodge dealer for $36K. super clean, from NC and fully loaded minus the blue interior trim stuff. dont think it ever saw the dirt and no issues so far from possible abuse. such a great truck. the ford dealer had one with 45K miles and wanted $46K for it... was from Missouri and the underside was trash. see if ya can get them down a bit. also, any upgrades?