Torque Specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vazo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am just getting ready to install my collars and have been researching what the torque specs are on the truck for the areas I will be taking apart.

The lower shock bolt is what has mean concerned. What are you guys using to torque it back to the 400+ ft lbs range.

I have a torque wrench but it only goes to 200 ft lbs and I can find a wrench that goes above 250 ft lbs

Last edited:

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what ever reason ( I think I read something close to that on here) torqued mine to 420 using a BF torque wrench. Found one kinda inexpensive on amazon. Several people have used the multipliers with success. Only other suggestions is take it to the stealership.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what ever reason ( I think I read something close to that on here) torqued mine to 420 using a BF torque wrench. Found one kinda inexpensive on amazon. Several people have used the multipliers with success. Only other suggestions is take it to the stealership.

I have a 600 ft lb torque wrench the thing weighs a ton and is 4’ long!

Your welcome to borrow it if your close to GB WI.

Otherwise torque it as much as you can and get it to the dealer or someone that’s has a torque wrench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
V

vazo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and the offer. I'm in Canada so that would be a bit of a commute.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
get a dewalt 20v impact that has the 100-400-900 settings on it.

Set it to 400. tighten.

set it to 900 and give the bolt a few quick shots.

when I do this, it tightens to 422 ft/lbs almost religiously.

use threadlocker.

I also use the same method on the lugnuts, except i start at the 100 setting and give it 3 blips at 400. Parks me within a couple ft/lbs of 140 every time. Thats close enough for me. ( especially with as much as I take my truck apart and put it back together. )

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get a dewalt 20v impact that has the 100-400-900 settings on it.

Set it to 400. tighten.

set it to 900 and give the bolt a few quick shots.

when I do this, it tightens to 422 ft/lbs almost religiously.

use threadlocker.

I also use the same method on the lugnuts, except i start at the 100 setting and give it 3 blips at 400. Parks me within a couple ft/lbs of 140 every time. Thats close enough for me. ( especially with as much as I take my truck apart and put it back together. )

Hey brother,

You have a model number on that DeWalt?