Torque Pro App for Android and Bluetooth OBD2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss327

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll let you know when my dongle comes in, should be about week.
And we'll see if I picked the right one.

The only way to know for sure is to call every manufacture out there and ask.

I see prices from $6 to $80
Does your's show trans temp? That's the whole reason I bought one and of course that's the one thing that doesn't show up.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure I haven't had time to play with since I made that video,
I know there have been about three updates and I saw the PIDs have changed a little.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The website for the app has alot of info, you can make custom PIDs but you need the codes for it like I mention I don't have time to play with app.

But if you post a question, Ian the programmer does answer pretty quick.

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the app and the bluetooth dongle. I works good with my HTC Thunderbolt. Only tried it once so far.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update:

So here's what I found out, don't buy the cheap Bluetooth dongle made in China it can and will ruin a Tune. It doesn't have safety features built in like the real one,
It is recommended that you use the hard wire dongle OBD11 to USB and from only a certain company.
You need to research this on Torque's website.

Using the Bluetooth dongle is not as accurate and of course you have a delay with results.

As you see it says 725.1 HP at the flywheel, I know that's not right it should be more like 680.
There have been about a dozen updates for the apps since I last used it and it no longer does FWHP, it only does RWHP now.

I just ordered this http://www.scantool.net/scan-tools/smart-phone/obdlink-mx.html

Last edited:

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used the bluetooth one for a while. Worked fine for about 3 weeks. One day on a trip somewhere my abs and brake TT's came on. Turned the truck off about 4 miles later the check engine and traction control TT's came on.

Read codes using the app and it said a network error. I pulled out the bluetooth reader and they have never come back. That was 4 months ago.

R@pt0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a wideband Air Fuel Ratio sensor? I see the left and right bank AFR in the lower left corner. Usually the OEM O2 sensors read a small range around 14.7, but the AFR in the video seemed to have more range than that.