Torque Pro App for Android and Bluetooth OBD2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is anybody doing this yet in this forum?

I have the Motorola Droid Maxx and just ordered these items this morning:

Torque Pro for Android: $4.95

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.prowl.torque

Update: Do Not Buy The Cheap Ones!!!
OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner: $14.29
Amazon.com: Soliport ELM 327 Bluetooth OBDII OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner: Automotive (DO NOT BUY IT OR ANY ONE OF THESE CHEAP ONES!!!!!)

From Torque's Forum Administrator:

Hi
Torque can’t write settings on the ECU (there are numerous manufacturer safeguards where you need ‘passwords’ and such things that prevent any writes), so the app itself cannot cause this kind of issue – it only reads data
However, the clone adapters can. If you have a canbus vehicle, and the adapter is missing canbus termination resistors, then this can cause all sorts of issues with the vehicle network (including abs lights lighting up, and other error conditions) – if you get this then the adapter is basically faulty and you should get the seller to replace it with a tested one as it’s missing some important components (clone manufacturers use as few components as possible to keep costs low, unfortunately when they test, what works on one vehicle may not work on another)
If the adapter has caused an issue – all you should need to do is turn off/on the ignition to reset everything. If problems still persist, then you can try unplugging the battery for 5 minutes (follow your manufacturers guidelines for doing this to make sure you are safe! and also make sure you have any required ‘pin’ codes for stereo equipment/etc)

Get this one!!! http://www.scantool.net/obdlink-mx.html

MX is up to 400% faster than the closest competitor.
Thanks to our BatterySaver™ technology, you can even leave MX plugged in without draining your battery when the engine is off.

2012-10-14_15-46-33_601.jpg

I finally got everything together to put up a the Video on YouTube!
I using the Motorola Droid Maxx from Verizon and the Android App Torque OBD11 Pro
This is just the first one I recorded as a test,

it’s a little long but it does show how the drivability of the Whipple is with STOCK exhaust and Whipple/Ford Tune.

I have to play with all the setting and get the right icons up and running.
You do need to be good on computers to upload and post on YouTube and be good on an Android phone.
Enjoy!

Raptor Run 1.mp4 - YouTube

Drive to work - YouTube

This is not my video but I'll leave this one here for now

OBD DroidScan Review for Android - YouTube

Last edited:

lunchboxrts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using torque for a couple of months now and its bad ass. Everything works great, Its worth the $5. The only thing missing for me is reading the TPMS but still working on that.

Got my obd2 on ebay here

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I find on the internet that, it all depends on what phone and Bluetooth dongle and software you are using. Determines what's going to work and not work.

Boss327

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find on the internet that, it all depends on what phone and Bluetooth dongle and software you are using. Determines what's going to work and not work.

So what would be the best one to get?

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll let you know when my dongle comes in, should be about week.
And we'll see if I picked the right one.

The only way to know for sure is to call every manufacture out there and ask.

I see prices from $6 to $80

Last edited:

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup. Got it installed, configured and working just fine. Its a really cool setup, although to be honest I find myself not using it at all. I'm so used to having to watch a heavily modified motor, than running something like this on a stock motor seems a bit overkill.

I will keep it around though so that if/when she does throw any codes I'll be able to quickly pull them and figure out what's up. That alone justifies the $20 investment.