Torque converter and valve body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

modyy22

Reaction score
Exactly now after changing the oil it’s affecting all gears but a day before when shifting from 4th the rpm will go very high until I release then it will go to 5th gear I’m not sure what you mean by lockup function!!, the oil looked normal no debris found, and it’s just making a whining noise even when it’s not moving. The tech told me its definitely the torque converter and he’s just recommending to put a new valve body but the valve body is not cheap !!

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Valve body assembly can be quite pricey, if you can just find the valves that would be cheaper. Maybe used but then you don’t know history…
I went through that same thing which is like trying to patch a leaky dam.
Best option is to get a reman trans from ford. Comes with new torque converter, and full of oil. Plug and play with a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty

Michael Adams

Reaction score
What causes a torque converter to go bad? My transmission was working perfectly fine and gear shifting was perfect just suddenly it started to slip from 3rd to 4th and the next day over temperature and the car stopped moving completely until it cooled down, I thought maybe low fluid so I decided to change the oil and put a new transmission oil from Ford, after that a whining noise started to come even when the car is not moving!! No power gears slipping
I'm having the same issue right now did you get it fixed or resolved? If so what did you end up doing?

I have a 2012 6.2 went to KOH this year and right when I got to the entrance I started to hear this whining coming from the transmission area and the truck would go about 30-50 feet and slip out of gear. No DTC codes. And would have to let the truck sit for a few seconds before turning it back on and going another 30-50 feet before it would slip out of 1st gear again.

Any thoughts?