torn axle boot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in a similar situation a few months ago. Started hearing a whine at slow speeds and noticed a tear in the drivers side boot. Decided to replace the CV axle. Cost $150 from autozone and 200 to have a local shop install. I might try the passenger side myself when it eventually tears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in a similar situation a few months ago. Started hearing a whine at slow speeds and noticed a tear in the drivers side boot. Decided to replace the CV axle. Cost $150 from autozone and 200 to have a local shop install. I might try the passenger side myself when it eventually tears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
install is easy. save your $200 and put it towards your $12k sound system........:D

going to do this today hopefully. since girlfriend totaled her car and now has the truck, i have to reinstall all the crap i took out.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t even bother with the axle boot from SDHQ. I bought one of those kits and it was a gigantic pain in the ass and autozone sells raptor axles for the exact same price on sale. They’re lifetime replacement and they will give you a new one at no cost if it ever gets damaged. Not to mention they will also give you free overnight shipping.

X2 Noah. Dont waste your money on SDHQ boots, especially mid perch. I did that and they tore within months. There just aren't enough bellows to take the sharper axle angle. I ended up doing what II Sevy did and just swapped the axle. But if you really want to try it, I'll give you one new in the box. I was just going to use it as a funnel. :mad:

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your Girlfriend problems are hilarious
im adding points...... besides, her work basically forced her to go to work in 2ft of snow. there were a shit ton of wrecks throughout the city. and not too much later after her wreck, the entire city was shut down. she works hard. and for the last 6 months of my back injury, she has been by my side and never complained one bit. she bought the truck, its all hers. never once asked me for anything, so yeah, im going to spoil her every now and then

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im adding points...... besides, her work basically forced her to go to work in 2ft of snow. there were a shit ton of wrecks throughout the city. and not too much later after her wreck, the entire city was shut down. she works hard. and for the last 6 months of my back injury, she has been by my side and never complained one bit. she bought the truck, its all hers. never once asked me for anything, so yeah, im going to spoil her every now and then
I suspect it’s because she gave you the back injury. Wink wink

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoahE