torn axle boot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok, so trying to earn brownie points by doing midperch on girlfriends truck, i tore an axle boot on the drivers side. apparently you cant just buy the boot. dealer wants $400+ for the whole axle assembly. what are my options on fixing this?

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can also search CV boots by size. Just measure the axle diameter at the boot location, and the housing at the clamp location, then the overall length.

Also, call NAPA. They will actually go to the effort of pulling the correct catalogue out from under the counter.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t even bother with the axle boot from SDHQ. I bought one of those kits and it was a gigantic pain in the ass and autozone sells raptor axles for the exact same price on sale. They’re lifetime replacement and they will give you a new one at no cost if it ever gets damaged. Not to mention they will also give you free overnight shipping.