Topper overhead interior LED light wiring help needed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all - I could use some electrical wiring help from the braintrust here. Its not my speciality but I know enough electrical that it hertz sometimes (dad joke).

Anyways, I cant figure out the wiring. Here is what I want to do. I installed an overhead Red LED to the topper that I want to come on with the factory side bed lamps when I push the OEM button. I also will be installing a single 16mm round button switch that I can power the red overhead lamp when I just want that light on. I have a few bosch style 5 pin relays I figured I could set up to get what I want to happen but for the life of me and my brain, I cant seem to figure out the best way to do it.

Do I run the relay through the OEM bed lights and tie the overhead LED light to it or do I power up the new switch and relay and tie the OEM bed lights to the new overhead LED?
E640BC55-2973-4872-B294-0CF1E59BE908.jpeg 211A0A87-3235-42CD-855C-505A0DBADCD4.jpeg

OP
OP
kpecks

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thinking is if I connect power from the OEM switch/bed light to pole 30, connect power from new push button switch to pole 86, ground goes to pole 85 and the overhead LED gets two connections to 87 and 87a - this way it is getting power from the OEM bed lights from 87a and power from the new switch at 87. Am I close???