Top Ten things NOT to do with your Raptor <G>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good find Falc.

He’s actually pretty positive about the Raptor (but he says it’s not “practical”). And he was trying to create a video about the Raptor that's different (which is tough given all the video reviews of this truck).

Let me give you his “list” of 10 things not to do with a Raptor and save you from wasting 8:29 of your life:

1. Change a tire if you get a flat – who wants to change any tire?! And how much fun is changing any pickup truck tire?
2. Park in the garage - it fit but he caught the overhead door release handle and said the door came down on his Raptor
3. Take a 6-year old for a ride - shows kid struggling to climb up running board and into Raptor
4. Sit in the back seat if you’re big & tall - he doesn’t move the front seat forward at all to give him more space and the guy’s 6’2”
5. Park it at Whole Foods – Only a ****ing granola loving, organic food eating, tree-hugger drives a Raptor to Whole Foods and they wouldn’t buy a Raptor
6. Wash it at an automatic car wash – Doh! He says the only way to wash it is at home or at the DIY car wash using quarters.
7. Drive slow
8. Drive through a construction zone
9. Fill it up with gas – by the way he says he’s getting about 13.2 MPGs with the 6.2
10. Go rock crawling - he says it’s not meant for rock crawling

OP
OP
Falcon

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good find Falc.

He’s actually pretty positive about the Raptor (but he says it’s not “practical”). And he was trying to create a video about the Raptor that's different (which is tough given all the video reviews of this truck).

Let me give you his “list” of 10 things not to do with a Raptor and save you from wasting 8:29 of your life:

1. Change a tire if you get a flat – who wants to change any tire?! And how much fun is changing any pickup truck tire?
2. Park in the garage - it fit but he caught the overhead door release handle and said the door came down on his Raptor
3. Take a 6-year old for a ride - shows kid struggling to climb up running board and into Raptor
4. Sit in the back seat if you’re big & tall - he doesn’t move the front seat forward at all to give him more space and the guy’s 6’2”
5. Park it at Whole Foods – Only a ****ing granola loving, organic food eating, tree-hugger drives a Raptor to Whole Foods and they wouldn’t buy a Raptor
6. Wash it at an automatic car wash – Doh! He says the only way to wash it is at home or at the DIY car wash using quarters.
7. Drive slow
8. Drive through a construction zone
9. Fill it up with gas – by the way he says he’s getting about 13.2 MPGs with the 6.2
10. Go rock crawling - he says it’s not meant for rock crawling

Gee, that's cool Dan! Could you follow me around and do a synopsis of ALL of my posts??? That would save everyone a LOT of time! <G> Everyone needs a buddy like you... You're like a "Cliff Notes" for my life! <GG>... and the wind beneath my wings!.. Ohh, look at me, blabbering again!

Falcon

RIKU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like what they did in that Video, thanks for posting it Dan!

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool video,

I figured they would mention mudding. I can't count how many videos I've seen about a Raptor stuck in the mud.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
10. Grab the full-size spare
9. My wife won't let me!!! Grow a pair...When you see that bright red cord caught on your truck...stop!!
8. Not worth a comment...just stupid
7. Who buys a Raptor to sit in the back...I guess a guy with a wife that tells him where to park his car.
6. Whole foods...It fits fine in my Home Depot parking lot...especially if I BACK IN!!! They all have a hot dog stands.
He starts to get some man-hood back...at least it's a start
5. I have 2 car washes within 5 min it fits in...
4. Can't argue the driving fast one...
3. Run 'em over!!!!
2. Shut up!!! these things use gas!!! WTF???
1. Oh please...if you want to go "rock crawling" might want something a little smaller than a Dodge Powerwagon...he really doesn't call that "rock crawling" does he??

Good find Falcon...I needed a little humor this morning!! I'm glad my dad raised me to like guns, home depot, not shop at Whole Foods and claim the garage as a "MAN ZONE"

OP
OP
Falcon

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shut up!!! these things use gas!!! WTF???

LOL That is the answer to any and all MPG threads <G>

Oh please...if you want to go "rock crawling" might want something a little smaller than a Dodge Powerwagon...he really doesn't call that "rock crawling" does he??

I don't know Bri... he looks and sounds like an experienced RC to me... <G>

Good find Falcon...I needed a little humor this morning!! I'm glad my dad raised me to like guns, home depot, not shop at Whole Foods and claim the garage as a "MAN ZONE"

I like your Dad.... <GG>

Falcon

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good find Falcon.

Maybe its implied but I would have enjoyed it more if he'd have said "Top ten things I don't want to do in a Raptor"

Changing a tire? Come on lazy guy... Ford gives you a full size so you can keep going. And grab the right size can of fix-a-flat if you're gonna rely on it, eh?

I have no trouble parking in my town home's garage. JoyJoy parks next to me just fine too.

I've been thru several conveyorized washed (not automatics like he tried, but expresses). No problem so far.

I had to laugh regarding the rock crawling... I was with him right up till he said "take a Power Wagon". LOL WTF? I think not.

The other stuff... at least he's got something of a sense of humor about it all.

(I'm probably a little sensitive to misinformation regarding these trucks. Been fighting it on another forum, trying to accurately advise a guy considering one. :wink:)

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
10. Grab the full-size spare
9. My wife won't let me!!! Grow a pair...When you see that bright red cord caught on your truck...stop!!
8. Not worth a comment...just stupid
7. Who buys a Raptor to sit in the back...I guess a guy with a wife that tells him where to park his car.
6. Whole foods...It fits fine in my Home Depot parking lot...especially if I BACK IN!!! They all have a hot dog stands.
He starts to get some man-hood back...at least it's a start
5. I have 2 car washes within 5 min it fits in...
4. Can't argue the driving fast one...
3. Run 'em over!!!!
2. Shut up!!! these things use gas!!! WTF???
1. Oh please...if you want to go "rock crawling" might want something a little smaller than a Dodge Powerwagon...he really doesn't call that "rock crawling" does he??

Tell'em about it emoticonsSig_youtheman.gif