Top Ten Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn! Nice build up.

Thanks. It has made it feel like mine:) Totals about 25k and the PPF and Stereo were definitely "spoil me" options.
I smile every time I get in it. I don't have anything else planned but I do keep an eye on the discussions around front springs and rear leafs.
I won't want to mess with the handling geometry and I like the stock rake...especially since I pull a trailer from time to time....so we'll see.

The only "bling" I added was the "ASSAULT" sticker under the raptor badge on the rear after I completed the raptor assault school

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well since you have a Gen 1 NOT a Gen 2.. you can ignore most of the Gen 2 guys rambling on about what they did lol.

Smurf said it best on trail gear to buy, plus tie downs to hold a extra spare, deaver or Icon rear leafs, bumpers (if you drive in wooded areas maybe a winch too?) builtright bedside rack for that recovery gear. the list goes on and on.

great thing is there's tons of room to grow when it comes to modifications on your Raptor! have fun.

TheClaw

Reaction score
Mud flaps for at least the front.
Check that tires are aired to door specifications. Many, including myself, have received their Raptors with way too much air in the tires. I got mine at 50 psi, when the door states 38.

Lastly book the Raptor Assault class asap. They give you a limited time to sign up and they fill up quickly. PS they now have you jump their truck as a part of the class.
can you attend the course if you buy used?

OP
OP
Sean R

Sean R

Reaction score
So after going through a bunch of different forums, I think the important ones I've seen thus far are...

1. Fuse 27 relo
2. IWE eliminator
3. Door seal surgical tubing mod
4. Coil pack resistor pellet replacement

Are there any more of these 'priority' mods out there that you guys would add to this list?

Last edited:

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Driving time, get on a raptor run, learn to drive the truck. This is the number one thing. Get out and run it as hard as you possibly can, figure out what modifications will actually benefit you. Learn how the truck drives at high speed in the dirt, you will be able to predict it so much better, it will increase your skill in every type of driving condition including snow and ice. Any modifications you make without doing this are just blind.

Maintenance!!!! Fix any problems the truck has, especially in the steering and suspension department. If you've got worn ball joints, shocks, TRE's or the truck is out of aligment no modification is going to be better than making the truck right. This would include fuse 27 and the door seal tubing.

Gen 1: Corsa extreme, very pleasant driving experience, makes the truck feel much more alive, gives a lot of character. Best mod to the truck. Don't put exhaust on an ecoboost, they sound like shit period, the best noise that engine can make is none.

Rigid DSS in the fog light position, one spot one flood. Makes remote roads a whole lot nicer without having to put too much on the truck.

VHF/UHF radio

Rear amber dust light

Drive it some more

Tune it, skip the pedal commander

Spare set of 6 wheels, beadlocked, tire carrier to carry the two spares, good jack, good air.

Last edited: