GEN 1 Top Perch with 37's!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Milertimeraptor
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone! I was super pleased to see all the love.
Looks really good. How have your cv joints taken top perch?

So far after a year of driving it top perch, just as a daily driver and with winter conditions in Tahoe, it has been good no problems with the stock cv's 120,000 mi total on the truck.

Welcome to the place. Congrats on a beautiful Gen 1 Raptor. I was on top perch for about 6 years, and had no problems. Take those tires back off and : Grab yourself a can of black tremclad spray paint and paint those hubs. Reinstall tires. :33:
Great mods so far!
If you have too high of tire pressure, it could pull a bit easier with the crown of the road.

I painted them the next day haha don't worry! After a year there are some chips in the paint so maybe ill try tremclad this time.

******** this makes me want 37's even more! Looks great! So the rear is still stock? Does it sit level? Nose high? So you got alignment done while the perch hasn't settled yet?

So surprisingly enough the shock perch is stuck solid and hasn't moved, had it aligned after everything was done. Totally forgot about the pull to the right might have jus been getting used to the bigger tires/ top perch or jus stopped noticing it, maybe tire rotation helped... idk but either way not an issue to me anymore. rear is completely stock sits a lil bit nose high but not to the point where its super aggressive. Honestly love the stance of it compared to some other vehicles i've owned that sit a lil bit higher in the rear.

my big question is what did 37s do to your gearing and performance

took 2 mpg off city driving so now I get 15 mpg in town. Would def prefer lower gearing but has been fine so far, if ur towing anything I would say go lower. Since its a 5.4 I wouldn't say the performance was that great to start with, didn't really notice anything substantial with the bigger tires.

Also As soon as I put the 37's on I made sure to flex it up until a tire came up off the ground and see where everything rubs. I had to trim the inside of the front fenders and zip tie all the plastic away from the tire was pretty simple. Other then that the front didn't come close enough to have to pinch or roll anything. (Jumping might be a different story)

The rear barely rubs just toward the back of the fender fully flexed. Very slightly and can easily just shave off a lil bit of the fender flair on the inside so it wouldn't be noticeable. (still on the to do list) not a huge issue bc that's only at full flex but still needs to be done.

Last edited: