Top Perch-Steering Stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
So this will only happening when doing the shock adjustment? Right
Or would this also happen with the 2" Daystar lift. I just ordered that but I'm assuming that by doing the daystars that all the suspension components should stay put, RIGHT...

Crosstx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this will only happening when doing the shock adjustment? Right
Or would this also happen with the 2" Daystar lift. I just ordered that but I'm assuming that by doing the daystars that all the suspension components should stay put, RIGHT...

That would be my guess

Thats what i was wondering the other day. Thats why i havent done top perch. Just reminds me of back in the day of crankin the torsion bars on my old Z71. Lookex good but had negative results eventually

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone who hasn't done the perch mod take a look at their A-Arms to see if there is any rubbing?

I have a feeling this may be across the board regardless of the perch setting.

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
I'll post a pic of mine they are mangled and in guessing it's because of how much I do donuts on rutted terrain

Be up in a few hrs

And my trucks suspension is completely stock as well as the wheels/tires

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Just checked. Mine are still stock and they do hit.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1646.jpg
    IMG_1646.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_1647.jpg
    IMG_1647.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 146

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone who hasn't done the perch mod take a look at their A-Arms to see if there is any rubbing?

I have a feeling this may be across the board regardless of the perch setting.

They are made to rub... That is what they are designed for, to stop the wheel from turning to much. All vehicles have them and they all hit. Its just with the truck raised it hits a little bit higher on the arm and if its to high it might allow the wheel to turn farther that designed.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine are beat, Lmao. My phone doesn't seem to wanna email the pics right now so I can't upload em until later, but so far I definitely take the cake on "Most Worn"

Curious to see some more.... Ironman's look nice and clean compared to mine, but then again I don't have 1/100th of the amount of surface rust he does in the surrounding area.

Based on how mine look, how Ironman's look, and Hockster's description, my estimation is that this is normal wear that is accentuated by the top perch mod. Thus far I don't feel the need to lower my perch setting, but we'll keep investigating.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, after further inspection I think the lifting up feeling is because the stops are on an angle... Looking at it I would say that when you are on the top perch your stop is actually lesser then stock position. When you turn its really not stopping at the designed position its really a little bit less. they look beat up because when you are doing turns at full lock and the suspension is moving up and down the stop is rubbing up and down on the lower arm. So it seems like it might be better for ya. Here is a pic of mine. I am on the middle setting. I am saying that it doesnt look like a problem. Maybe we can get some of the other tech's view on this too...

Attachments

• DSC00684.jpg
    DSC00684.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 165
Last edited: