Top gear shudder/vibration????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^, agree might have been reinstalled 180° turned from stock.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^, agree might have been reinstalled 180° turned from stock.
Yep, it's a basic rule when working on a driveline to shoot the u-joint with paint on one side so that it all goes back together the same way. However, these Techs are under so much pressure to complete jobs quickly that at times they don't think about doing it.

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring back old post. I am having similar issues above 75 mph. I recently upgrade rear springs to Icons so I have slight rake right now. I can't seem to figure out if my tires are causing this vibration/shake or my drive shaft or due to having 3" rake...

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to bring back old post. I am having similar issues above 75 mph. I recently upgrade rear springs to Icons so I have slight rake right now. I can't seem to figure out if my tires are causing this vibration/shake or my drive shaft or due to having 3" rake...
When you change the ride height you’re also changing the driveline angles. In your case, the rear pinion angle will be out of spec, which can cause a vibration. The driveline angles need to be measured and then corrected with shims on the rear axle.

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you change the ride height you’re also changing the driveline angles. In your case, the rear pinion angle will be out of spec, which can cause a vibration. The driveline angles need to be measured and then corrected with shims on the rear axle.
By raising the front with geiser springs will it solve or reduce the vibration?