Top gear shudder/vibration????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Perauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a strange issue ,21 ,801A ,35in ,100% stock with 9100 flawless miles until now,I just had the drive shaft recall done and now I have a low speed vibration or shudder.When my truck is cruising with light throttle in high gear ,between 1,000 and 1,400 rpm the truck has a vibration or shudder you can feel in gas pedal and steering wheel.Speed between 30-45mph just driving on normal roads but worse when its under a load going up a slight rise in the road. My wife actually said she could feel the hesitation from the pass seat too. Its driving me nuts and was not doing it before recall, took it to dealer and they felt it but need to drop it off again ,any thoughts ???

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TIRES

I had the same type of issue.....but between 60-75mph. When I replaced my tires, it a;; went away. I suspect you have some out of balance tires

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had Discount tire re-balance the tires three times now. I get a vibration in the wheel and floor that starts at 72 mph. I am re-using the tires from my 19 that sat all winter in a unheated shed. It is smooth as silk with the stock wheels and tires.

OP
OP
Perauto

Perauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks but this is a low speed/RPM vibration its fine at highway speeds ,thats why I am so troubled with the problem . I am on the interstate every day at 75 mph plus and no tire feel at that speed

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you just had the DL messed with that would be my first choice identifying the problem. I would suggest having the DL balanced. If that is the problem, letting it go will trash your bearings on the output of the TX case or input to the differential.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks but this is a low speed/RPM vibration its fine at highway speeds ,thats why I am so troubled with the problem . I am on the interstate every day at 75 mph plus and no tire feel at that speed
Out of balance tires will cause the steering wheel to wiggle at about 45mph. If you are in between 40 and 50 and the steering wheel wiggles back and forth, it's a tire balance issue. It's unlikely that the Drive Shaft isn't balanced, since they come like that from the factory. Still could be a drive shaft issue but it's doubtful a balancing issue.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's hard to think that its tires out of balance. If the shake wasn't there before the warranty work, someone screwed up. Probably replaced the drive shaft 180 degrees out on the rear end or something simple like that. They'll get it figured out. Sorry to hear that you've had this happen to your new truck. I totally understand. Shakes (which leads to rattles) drive me nucking futs.
Good luck, and let us know what you find out Perauto.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts