Top bolt pattern doesn't match problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 344233
This is what I just ordered from Tasca. Shock mount what you are looking for?
Ooo yeah the AL3Z-18A099-A, thanks! I’m just wanting to throw EVERY possible part in question at it since i do have 113,000 miles and I’m ALREADY gonna have it apart. I’m definitely replacing lower ball joint, tie rods,sway bar links, shock rebuild, the top shock mount. But after reading this very informative thread, (https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/chasing-that-frt-end-clunk.67333/) it very well could be the lower shock mount tolerance to the control arm…. But like what others have stated, it’s a combination of things….

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you! Good catch, I didn't notice that. Must have rotated when I worked on lining up the top bolts. I will see about rotating the bottom plate to the correct position today.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perfect haha! Sorry I know it’s a lot of work, about to do the same swapping stock springs for Giesers next weekend if the weather is nice. Now let’s talk about those zip ties heh. Ever seen zip tie standoffs with rubber hose like fuel line?

OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven't seen them. I had to use zip ties in 2 locations where the original was a push in one way only thing. Top one there was a hole to use, but the bottom one was pushed into a blind hole, just tied it in the narrow area.

At least the new ignition wires came with new push in clips. Cut the old off, clear the hole, put the new one in. Side note, I had to use an 18" breaker bar to loosen the spark plugs! One really scared me when it was slightly rounded.... At the assembly plant!

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Sage this is what I meant by zip tie standoff, used to do these a lot on quads along tubular a-arms when there were no tabs for brake lines. It's just a short hose, like 1/4" vacuum line or 3/8" fuel line or whatever, then run the zip tie through it, around the hose, and back through the hose. It winds up being a figure 8:
IMG_4709.JPEG