Top 5 Mods Under $500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

50 Deep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple question. Want to know what are your top 5 modifications to do on the Raptor, with each individual modification costing less than $500.

Here browsing and soaking up information as a new owner. Trying to come up with a long term plan for the truck. Very capable so I don’t plan to dig too deep (said that before), but you don’t know what you don’t know.

One of the biggest improvements to the GT350R was a $15 hydraulic clutch spring that drastically improved pedal feel. Things are the things a young Jedi wants to know. Car has 50 miles on it and at Imperial Works in Sacramento for some paint protection film.

Thanks in advance, and feel free to flame

BD64F5F4-FC28-4A0E-A20F-1A0007EC1960.jpeg

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Forscan is free, a nice way to customize gauges and functions. Eibach springs, raise to front and improve ride for 200. Cobb access port is more than 500 but worth every penny. I could go on but the prices go up. Enjoy exercising self control!!

dave_g

Reaction score

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have done turbo adapters, intake, and a JDM tune and the results are quite impressive. More air in, more air out.

Gen2Vmax

Reaction score

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
1. Forscan to turn off all the binging & bonging, crappy startup screen and auto start/stop.
2. Front springs: Eibach or Geiser (can get Geiser for $500 on the nose with discount if you hunt around)
3. You can add a rear leaf for $500 bucks which would be a good budget fix for the rear if you don't want to "spring" (see what I did there!) for Deaver/Icon.
4. TPMS into the spare so you can just change tires on a run without lots of dash drama.
5. GJ motorsports 3rd brake light if you do runs. The cheapest option will be under $600 if you wait for a sale.

Bonus: 6. LVJ Motorsports relay panel if you are running a lot of lights. I know $350 seems like a lot but I have designed and built my own equivalent panel and spent much more in parts with minimum order quantities etc. let alone the time invested. I still have to make a bracket for mine too. Just give him your money is my suggestion!

Last edited:

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fumoto oil change valve

front lighting A pillar or baja design 10inch lower grill kit.

rear lighting baja design reverse light kit tapped into aux switch.

stubby antenna

Linex bed liner if didnt come with it.

Eibach or Geiser springs up front.

skerzz

Reaction score
Here are my sub $500 mods:

E&G center console lock vault
Stubby antenna
Spray in bed liner
Window tint (spent more than $500, but there are sub $500 options available) - an absolute must in Arizona