GEN 2 Top 15 Tonneau Covers - which do you have?

Which Tonneau do you have?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems to have the same nice low profile that I like in the MX4, my 350 has the 8 foot bed and as I don’t really see myself hauling much in a Raptor the ability to prop up the last panel against the windshield isn’t useful, seems like full removal is a bit quicker than the very easy MX4 so if I do need full bed I’ll just do that, in which case the Lomax is, how do I say this, more ‘ergonomically efficient’ in removal with the way they have their tie downs set up. The often mentioned close the tailgate with the lid closed is not something I do anyway and while Lomax doesn’t make this claim, I bet it’s much the same. (And I promise to demonstrate it here if it all comes together, same with the auto tailgate dropping scenario) I don’t expect an issue but I know people like to be certain before they drop the coin if that feature is important to them.
On the MX4, yep if anyone goes for it, I’d 100% buy locally rather than online like I did, metal shavings that scratch the cover in transit, poorly designed shipping box that offers minimal protection, rubber bumpers damaged, a little separation where the mechanisms attach to the cover underneath, yes they gave me a discount but all in all I’d of rather had a flaw free cover.

Having said all that the MX4 is an excellent cover so don’t let me dissuade anyone, just buy locally.
I have the Lomax ( so far I love it) absolutely no leaking and I’ve been in some downpours and yes you can close the tailgate with the cover closed I do it all the time. The auto open tailgate also works perfectly with the cover closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Schizofilly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 for the Lomax. Haven't had it long, but had it through a hard rain with ~40 mph winds and not a drop in the bed. Low profile, matte finish, open and close tailgate with cover closed, installed it alone in about 45 minutes (would have been faster had I made sure I had the right socket for my torture wrench ahead of time, and fairly light to take if the need arises.

All that being said, this is the only tonneau I've ever had in 20+ years of having a pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats_a_Rap

Reaction score
I have the Fold-Cover G4 Elite. It’s a 4 panel hard cover, front and rear access from both sides with key lock. It is very secure with mechanisms for every panel.

Installation does not require drilling into the bed. I wanted a cover that could be remove easily if I needed access to the whole bed.

The locking straps are secure. I drive with the tonneau open with confidence.

The sealing system works well, my bed stays dry even in hard rains.

Also, it looks great on the Raptor. I would buy again.

72D87003-2978-4976-BD9C-76A3358F2533.jpeg AEBBA4E2-2063-4AD7-9592-5C3BAF0BF4FE.jpeg 44818BAC-71A0-4AC6-BF10-8ACFDD06016C.jpeg B420394B-DA99-4ADD-802C-CA3CB05C49EC.jpeg

Carlos M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Retrax pro XR. Perfect if you have a rack. Easy access sliding it to open or close. Works great for me

FlyingRaptor

Reaction score
Just installed the Lomax and I love it. Thanks to @FordRaptorLights.com for giving me a great price and fast shipping. I ordered it Thursday afternoon and it arrived Saturday morning. If anyone is looking for a cover you should check them out. Thanks again FordRaptorLights.com for your awesome customer service!

I am very impressed with quality of the Lomax. I have owned 4 different covers over the years prior to this one and this is by far my favorite. It may not be for everyone as we all have different needs but this one suites my needs perfectly. I love that you can just slide off the cover and store it without removing any bolts or hardware so you have full use of your bed if needed.

IMG_2142.jpeg
All of the install videos I saw showed the rails being 2 separate pieces, looks like there new design has 1 piece rails which are nice.
IMG_2139.jpeg

IMG_2143.jpeg

IMG_2156.jpeg

IMG_2154.jpeg