GEN 2 Top 10 Floor Mats - which do you have?

Which floor mats do you have?

• Northern Frontier ToughLiner Floor Liners

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aries StyleGuard Floor Liners

• Intro-Tech Hexomat Rubber Floor Mats

• Avery's Touring Floor Mats

• Lund Catch It Car Floor Mats

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased the Husky because they were of softer material like the original mats that came with truck.
Are these newer Weathertech mats made of a softer material as well?

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased the Husky because they were of softer material like the original mats that came with truck.

like blwn quoted me earlier, I have the 3D weather techs and would recommend them. The back mat is the same old floor liner they’ve always been, only the front two mats are different.

Now that I’ve had them for some time I can confidently say I really like them. They are harder than the husky and softer than the old weather tech liner. My wet boots/shoes don’t slide on them but they are very easy to clean with a quick hose down and wipe off. I really like the new design as it holds dirt/debris more effectively. Plus I really dig that cutout that showcases our ford performance sillplate.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what is lacking in the OEM mats? Is it just that they are not one piece?

I hated the fact that the carpet underneath the gas pedal was unprotected and I hated that the oem mats were so soft they appeared dirty as soon as a clean shoe touched them. They were also difficult to get completely clean. Don’t get me wrong, they were nicer than most factory mats. I just wanted a mat that protected a bit more and was easier to keep clean.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
like blwn quoted me earlier, I have the 3D weather techs and would recommend them. The back mat is the same old floor liner they’ve always been, only the front two mats are different.

Now that I’ve had them for some time I can confidently say I really like them. They are harder than the husky and softer than the old weather tech liner. My wet boots/shoes don’t slide on them but they are very easy to clean with a quick hose down and wipe off. I really like the new design as it holds dirt/debris more effectively. Plus I really dig that cutout that showcases our ford performance sillplate.
They look better than the old Weathertechs. I ran the old Weathertechs in a couple different trucks because at the time they were probably the best floor liner on the market? The look, fit and coverage was good but I never cared for how slippery the plastic material was and the edges curled up after a while. The new 3D's look better. Good to hear that they are more pliable than the old ones.
I've had X-act Contours in my last couple trucks and haven't seen any others that make me want to change brands yet. But the I might consider the 3D Weathertechs for my next truck.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hated the fact that the carpet underneath the gas pedal was unprotected and I hated that the oem mats were so soft they appeared dirty as soon as a clean shoe touched them. They were also difficult to get completely clean. Don’t get me wrong, they were nicer than most factory mats. I just wanted a mat that protected a bit more and was easier to keep clean.

Thanks. Will go aftermarket then and keep the originals new for resale when truck is sold...if ever.

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Husky's now and they aren't bad, but I wish I had got the Weathertech. Not having the whole rear area covered in grip lines is annoying.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the 3D Maxpider in my Scab yesterday. They have significantly more coverage than OEM and look upscale compared to many of the other mats out there. These pictures are the factory mats over the 3D.

32AD8EB2-5852-4251-9062-C65A17A06B0F.jpeg AAB34BA9-0E0D-4653-876E-2CEE47C42B1D.jpeg 6AB126DF-F259-44FB-AF6E-3A07B1719DC6.jpeg

LorenzoValla

Reaction score
My previous truck was a 15 F-150 and I bought floor mats from Ford. I liked those mats better than the Raptor ones. The Raptor ones are okay and better than the carpet ones that come with regular F-150s, but seem like a step down than the optional Ford mats.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really like the new Lloyd's "Ultimat" front mats I got. I'll throw the factory ones in when I know it's going to be ****** in the winter or muddy. They are a very close match to the OEM carpet and fit really well. I just got them for the front.

20200919_161744-2-jpg.152251