Toolbox storage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
John, that setup looks Great!!!! I see it has been used..... Very Cool!!!!
I have so much stuff I have to do a quarterly inventory. I find stuff, what is this? I don’t even know how to use this… but some Ftard on FRF convinced me I needed it so I added it to my collection :hidesbehindsofa::Get him!::happy175::happy160:

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don’t replace, Add to, keep your strap etc. Whoever has the most Shixt in their truck wins! :happy175::happy160:View attachment 374704View attachment 374705View attachment 374706

Granted when I do go off-road I load up on a lot of the other items that you have, but I'm just trying to get an idea of what are considered the "essentials" really. Currently in the truck I have:

100 ft. synthetic winch rope
Heavy duty snatch block
Tree strap
Heavy duty come-along
Large Hi-Lift jack with plate and wheel strap
Large wheel chock x2
Traction boards
Gorilla tape
25 ft. of paracord
Geber folding spade/shovel
Safety vest
4x commerical grade ratchet strap
4x light duty ratchet strap
Misc. paper and microfiber towels
First Aid Kit
Propane torch
Flashlight
Handheld i-COM radio
Firearms and ammunition
Knives
Full size spare
300 piece HF tool kit
4" recovery strap with 2 shackles
Magnetic trailer tow lighting kit
Receiver ball wrench
Mechanix M-Pact gloves

I do plan on buying that kinetic rope and soft shackles to replace the recovery strap and hard shackles though. I feel like what I've got is probably what you "need" unless you really plan on getting stuck or stranded. For those situations I have bags that I pack with extra clothes, hats, food, water, etc. and I will also bring along the Milwaukee electric chainsaw, full size tools (shovels, etc.), inverter generator, etc. Most of the time I just try to keep with me the stuff that actually gets used and isn't in the way during normal truck use day to day.

Reaction score
Hey guys, just curious if you had anything setup for tool storage. I've got a Harbor Freight 300 piece toolkit that comes in a nice storage box, but I hate just leaving it out on the floor of the interior. I thought about trying to set up something in the bed to hold it, but haven't come up with any good ideas yet.
Storage is one of the reasons I went with a Diamondback cover. They make a toolbox that fits over the rails but under the cover. It still allows access to the full length of your bed.

Attachments

• 79142F2C-AFA0-4FAD-860F-6CFE014B30A5.jpeg
    79142F2C-AFA0-4FAD-860F-6CFE014B30A5.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 22

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Storage is one of the reasons I went with a Diamondback cover. They make a toolbox that fits over the rails but under the cover. It still allows access to the full length of your bed.
I have one of those tool boxes, the deep one. Had to take out when I got the CargoGlide.
Black Friday (No Offense) sale on it if any wants to swing by and pick it up;) lol