Tool Question For My Fellow Geniuses???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have any of you ever seen a tape measure like this? I had it with some tools from when my older brother passed away and I never used it until yesterday. See anything odd? I thought I was going mental when I went to measure a piece of wood with it.

1621022432543.png

A tape for lefties, I never knew there was such a thing! It really threw me for a bit when I was trying to figure out why it was upside down.

1621023139677.png

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad you gave us the answer. I was going to guess that it started at 2 1/4" ...

Edit to add: I was kinda afraid to open an Oldfart thread about his tool, but I decided to confront my fear. I must say I'm disappointed.
@Oldfart asked me beforehand if he should post this and I said it was bad taste and not in the spirit of FRF - where nothing is offensive.

1621027944571.jpeg

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll take the left handed imperial tape any day over a pain in the ass combo tape with imperial and metric

Hogvet

Reaction score
Have any of you ever seen a tape measure like this? I had it with some tools from when my older brother passed away and I never used it until yesterday. See anything odd? I thought I was going mental when I went to measure a piece of wood with it.

View attachment 168436

A tape for lefties, I never knew there was such a thing! It really threw me for a bit when I was trying to figure out why it was upside down.

View attachment 168439
It looks normal as an older right hander. I use the tape with my left hand and mark with my right.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seen a old harbor freight tape measure graphics stretched out past 2 ft 1 inch was like 1inch and half. 2 guys cutting steal . One guys was using good tape to measure size other guy was using bad tape to shear the steal after about 5 cuts . One guys is wtf your cutting everything to long. Lol funny when they compared tapes.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am an old man lefty - over the years I just have gotten used to right handed scissors, tape measures, can openers, spiral notebooks. No big deal. I didn’t even know about left-handed tape measures until someone handed me a lefty/righty tape measure. That’s the best ever!

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am an old man lefty - over the years I just have gotten used to right handed scissors, tape measures, can openers, spiral notebooks. No big deal. I didn’t even know about left-handed tape measures until someone handed me a lefty/righty tape measure. That’s the best ever!
I was a framer for several years when I first got out of high school, all you did was use tapes, I never knew there was such a thing either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free