Took long enough...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bishop1134

Reaction score
Quite the warm welcome. Thanks.

Congrats on the new Raptor

Just curious, how is a Tundra faster than a Raptor? What's it weigh and how much power does it have (is it stock or modded)?

It has a slightly higher power to weight ratio.. 0.69 vs 0.66 The Tundra is ~5500lbs with 381hp vs 6200lbs and 411hp. Generally speaking it's about a half second faster 0-60 and about 4 tenths on a quarter mile. Coupled with the stiffer suspension and it has a slightly faster launch. You don't notice the difference anywhere except takeoff.

Based on search results, this seems to be a hot topic, but can you remove digital governor on the Raptor? I couldn't find a definitive answer.

Jake Y.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quite the warm welcome. Thanks.

It has a slightly higher power to weight ratio.. 0.69 vs 0.66 The Tundra is ~5500lbs with 381hp vs 6200lbs and 411hp. Generally speaking it's about a half second faster 0-60 and about 4 tenths on a quarter mile. Coupled with the stiffer suspension and it has a slightly faster launch. You don't notice the difference anywhere except takeoff.

Based on search results, this seems to be a hot topic, but can you remove digital governor on the Raptor? I couldn't find a definitive answer.

You can but the only way I'm aware of is a tuner. SCT was my pick, works great and I like the way it made the truck feel

OP
OP
B

Bishop1134

Reaction score
Did you go for an SCT with their prebuilt configurations or did you go wiht a 5-star version of the SCT?

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mechanic (who's a buddy of mine) and I have been debating the whole Tundra vs Raptor speed contest (towing/from a dig/roll, etc) and from what I've been researching I think I may be outta luck. My Supercab Raptor is on its way but I still think his CC Tundra will be faster. Those suckers get up and move.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
A 5 star tuner will eliminate the hesitation you feel. I have trouble not speeding in ours now the thing is so quick.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
morning.........

My mechanic (who's a buddy of mine) and I have been debating the whole Tundra vs Raptor speed contest (towing/from a dig/roll, etc) and from what I've been researching I think I may be outta luck. My Supercab Raptor is on its way but I still think his CC Tundra will be faster. Those suckers get up and move.

kinda hard to compare the two since you would destroy a stock tundra offroad where a stock raptor would ease through

OP
OP
B

Bishop1134

Reaction score

The tundra only has the advantage off the line and over 100mph (it's prefers 85 - 90 though). The raptor has a quieter cab, better seats, no bed bounce, yada yada..

morning.........

kinda hard to compare the two since you would destroy a stock tundra offroad where a stock raptor would ease through

Correct. It is not an apples to apples comparison. The raptor is equipped to perform in a different environment.

~ 5 days in. It rocks.

Last edited: