Took long enough...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bishop1134

Reaction score
So I let a friend of mine convince me that I needed a new truck... I didn't, I had a 2007 Tundra that I really loved. I still do actually. It has a for sale sign now though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xu7bol44ajx4dlf/tundra1.jpg

I ordered a Raptor over the summer and sort of forgot about it....not really, but I was quoted around 14 weeks leadtime. Which might as well have been never.

Last Saturday I stopped by the dealer with a friend who was looking for a an F150. While he was shopping I asked if there was an ETA on my SVT. As it turns out, it had arrived at 4AM that morning. Built on 10/15 and delivered on 10/26. 5 weeks early.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8r3xnafroa2dgz2/day1.jpg

I've never owned a "new" car before and certainly never one I special ordered. It had 6 miles on it when I got it.

My thoughts so far: It's slower than the Tundra, but it's got a quieter cabin and it's more comfortable. I'll miss the longer bed of the Tundra but I love the wider stance and sure-footedness of the Raptor. 3 days in, that's all I've got so far.

Cheers.

Attachments

• day1.jpg
    day1.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. I think it needs an exhaust bypass and a 40" lightbar to begin with.

Awesome start!

I have the Badlanz Cutout (switch hidden on backside of Aux Switch Box) and of course the 40" Rigid E-Series Lightbar. (Currently getting modded to handle Amber and White LEDs on same bar)

LandFill

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I had a modified 2003 Tundra that I thought I would never get rid of. I kind of felt like I grew out of the Tundra, so I sold it to a friend and bought a Raptor!

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Raptor

Just curious, how is a Tundra faster than a Raptor? What's it weigh and how much power does it have (is it stock or modded)?

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
It's slower than the Tundra, but it's got a quieter cabin and it's more comfortable. I'll miss the longer bed of the Tundra but I love the wider stance and sure-footedness of the Raptor. 3 days in, that's all I've got so far.

Cheers.

DUDE! Welcome. Go put some good gas in it, punch the tow haul button, brake check it a tad and then hammer it. Hold on. Mine seems the best at about a 20 mph rolling punch. Manual lock out of all gears, smash the gas and as you hit 3500 or 4000 rpm shift up one and about the time the rev bump kicks in second clicks in and ya get a little pop. I promise the teoda would not hang to 100. Now past that your done! HAhaaaaa.

Believe me, your in a new league. You will be spoiled soon enough.

BDRAG