Too Much Time on Your Hands, eh?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've always found it tough, between work and play, to maintain a presence on multiple forums. I have gotten better at it, though here and the Macan Forum are the only two places I post on. Lucky you. ;)

But all these threads on a Raptor R when Ford can barely produce Broncos and Raptors.

Tell me something I don't know.

Of all the things to complain about, this is what you chose? Sounds like you're saying that you don't have the time or the inclination to keep up with a Raptor sub forum, therefore you don't want it to exist.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Of all the things to complain about, this is what you chose? Sounds like you're saying that you don't have the time or the inclination to keep up with a Raptor sub forum, therefore you don't want it to exist.
If I see this correctly through my eyes, he's not complaining about keeping up, but all the threads about a vehicle that doesn't even exist yet and how the mods are pushing more content , but alas, here we are talking about it, lol.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I see this correctly through my eyes, he's not complaining about keeping up, but all the threads about a vehicle that doesn't even exist yet and how the mods are pushing more content , but alas, here we are talking about it, lol.

Well, his first paragraph said that he found it tough to keep up a presence on multiple forums. I don't know what the point of that statement was if it was not relevant to his thoughts on a Raptor R sub forum.

I agree that mods are making an effort to push more content. It's a business, they want to make money. But you do see people talking about Raptor R, whether it's vapor or not, and there are also people who don't want to talk about the Raptor R (or about V8 vs TTV6 'conversations') and are happy to see that topic sectioned off. Or there are that many and it will be dead and flop. I don't see how it's annoying either way.

I mean seriously, if it bothers you that people want to talk about a vehicle that doesn't exist, doesn't putting those topics in a separate sub forum a good solution? Unless you just want to control what people are allowed to talk about.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, his first paragraph said that he found it tough to keep up a presence on multiple forums. I don't know what the point of that statement was if it was not relevant to his thoughts on a Raptor R sub forum.

I agree that mods are making an effort to push more content. It's a business, they want to make money. But you do see people talking about Raptor R, whether it's vapor or not, and there are also people who don't want to talk about the Raptor R (or about V8 vs TTV6 'conversations') and are happy to see that topic sectioned off. Or there are that many and it will be dead and flop. I don't see how it's annoying either way.

I mean seriously, if it bothers you that people want to talk about a vehicle that doesn't exist, doesn't putting those topics in a separate sub forum a good solution? Unless you just want to control what people are allowed to talk about.
Here's a question for you. How do you not see the Raptor R sub forums, do they not show up on your feed? I see every thread everytime I come in here, not that I want to avoid any threads, or complain, but you can have all the sub forums all you want and try to itemize each one, but they are still all on my home page. You were suppose to have a password to see the champagne room?? What password?? Never used one. You must have a totally different platform to pick and choose what shows up on your feed, you're one lucky sum bitcha.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We’ve had all that before here, politics, etc. not going to get into why it’s gone. Good luck with your site, I like this one, not moving.
Trust me I know why it's gone. People get their feelings hurt and they can't handle other people's opinions. Very liberal actually. So what do we do..we censor it...because then no drama right. Also very Facebook. Don't need luck with that site, biggest in the world remember ;)

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's a question for you. How do you not see the Raptor R sub forums, do they not show up on your feed? I see every thread everytime I come in here, not that I want to avoid any threads, or complain, but you can have all the sub forums all you want and try to itemize each one, but they are still all on my home page. You were suppose to have a password to see the champagne room?? What password?? Never used one. You must have a totally different platform to pick and choose what shows up on your feed, you're one lucky sum bitcha.

I do see the R forum, and the other forums and threads. I'm not bothered by the sight of things I'm not interested in or can't contribute to, I just don't click on them. I mean, if I can handle 20 different 'squad' threads, I can handle a few about the R.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do see the R forum, and the other forums and threads. I'm not bothered by the sight of things I'm not interested in or can't contribute to, I just don't click on them. I mean, if I can handle 20 different 'squad' threads, I can handle a few about the R.
Not me, I have to click on every thread, even @Oldfart s, those ones can be hit and miss, lol.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, you are probably correct, my initial statement about not being able to maintain presence on multiple forums had little to do with my point, which was a dull point at best. I guess in hindsight what I was trying to say is that it's just a bit nuts to have a forum on something in the ether, something that may never see the light of day.

Ever look at the small print on vehicle television commercials? First thing it ALWAYS says is "European Model Shown." Cause we get crap in comparison such as the headlights which is finally going to change for the better. And that small print has even gotten better. They show a vehicle and the small print says "Vehicle may contain items or accessories that may not be available in the USA or that may never be produced and/or manufactured." So they're whetting your appetite with complete BS.