Too much b&g 44k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

may28th

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you could use too much of this in the sense of a can with every oil change (3000 miles) if so what would be some signs or problem you would have. Just heard a Few little rumors about this stuff so I decided to see if anyone here had any input.

OP
OP
M

may28th

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is an injector cleaner and carbon cleaner that runs through with a tank of fuel

Boss327

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From their website:

"BG 44K® safely, rapidly and thoroughly removes engine deposits in combustion chambers, intake manifolds, ports and on valves. It restores flow in fuel injectors and cleans the entire fuel system. BG 44K® improves fuel economy and reduces exhaust emissions. It restores that "like new" driveability to an engine's performance and keeps it running better, longer and more efficiently. Add one can or bottle to fuel tank at fill up. Catalytic converter and oxygen sensor safe.

NOTE: After cleanup with BG 44K®, regular use of BG Supercharge®II, Part No. 202, in gasoline engines or BG DFC with Lubricity Part No. 2276, in diesel engines will prevent deposits from forming in the fuel system and upper engine for maximum driveability and fuel economy."

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Running some good 93oct. gas will do the same thing.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Right. Modern gasoline has plenty of detergents in it, making this redundant. The guys that sell this stuff want you to think your engine can not live without it, therefore, snake oil. The pictures they show of an engine all sludged up is not reality in a modern engine running modern gasoline.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually the gas we have today is not really as good as we have had in years past, in regards to fuel additives. Many stations are running the absolute minimum and others it is worse than that. The additives are a very expensive part of the fuel, and easy to drop.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
I use 44k in my vehicles since I don't have to pay for it. We have poor quality fuel as it is up here. Running it on every tank isn't going to do any harm. It's a little excessive. I have seen this stuff do some good things especially cleaning up some older cats on Cadillacs. It might be snake oil or gypsy juice but I have seen it work.