GEN 2 Tons of system faults

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K1llD4shN1n3

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep asking about wheel speed sensors and they are adamant that it is not the wheel speed sensors and that it is an issue with the computer system communication bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My truck is still in the shop for this. I’ve had it back all of 2 days so far this month.
I’ve been dealing with this since at least February. In the last couple months I haven’t been able to drive the thing more than 10 miles without these errors. Then I have to pull over, turn the vehicle off for a few minutes then restart and drive again.
At this point I may just go trade this thing in for something more reliable once they fix it.

They’ve provided ample evidence they’re unable to diagnose this, fully appreciate the impact it’s causing you and they’re unable to fix it. Trucks like the one you have are why there are lemon laws.

Ford should be willing to replace this vehicle, others on here have gotten Ford C/S to implement a buyback / replacement, and I’ll relay to you a conversation I had with a close friend, a 28 year Ford mechanic.

“I work on cars because I like working on cars, you know what I don’t like? Working on computers and computer networks, and that’s what the bulk of my work is now”

He’s not alone, I’m sure. This kind of troubleshooting is arcane and exceedingly difficult. On the surface, it sounds easy - sort of like those home improvement shows that always manage to completely gut and rebuild a house in 47 minutes of episodic television or similar. It’ not easy though, and it’s doubly so if you’re not into that kind of work. Hell, I’ll bet even the engineers are scratching their heads going “WTF?”

On top of that, they’ve surely busted the budget for pay out on the warranty claim. That is, Ford probably allocated all of 4-6 hours for the repair. They’re probably into hour 60 by now, so the motivation for the dealer and mechanic to work on this is pretty low.

MJK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread. What’s the latest? Truck did this last Friday. Ford towed it to the dealership but they haven’t called yet.

OP
OP
K1llD4shN1n3

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines still sitting at the dealer. No word back from them yet.

OP
OP
K1llD4shN1n3

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the truck back yesterday. So far no faults. They said it was an issue with the module that processes system network messages. I’ll post a picture of the paperwork I received shortly.

Now I can install all these damn parts I ordered from apollo optics that have been sitting in my garage for months waiting for me to get my truck back from the dealer.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back from a quick trip and was nailed with a ton of the same system faults again!!!! The 6th time. I have a pedal commander, I unhooked it and the battery. Didn't do it again!

Any link between that and the pedal commander?

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I just got back from a quick trip and was nailed with a ton of the same system faults again!!!! The 6th time. I have a pedal commander, I unhooked it and the battery. Didn't do it again!

Any link between that and the pedal commander?

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

I think there is a link. Mine had the set of faults every once in a while, then it started happening more often. Took of the PC, no more problems, several months now.

OP
OP
K1llD4shN1n3

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. Here’s what the dealer notes show in paperwork. (I did not have pedal commander installed when this happened)

It’s been driven a couple hundred miles now without reproducing the issue (some of it hard offroad) where I used to be able to reproduce it in about 5 miles of slow pavement driving before.

f15066863ba79a84dfa54533cac8d3d2.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
all that... caused by a loose connector.