tonneau covers for 18 raptor with a bike.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spg993tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tonneau covers for 18 raptor

question for those who know the various manufacturers. - want to get something for the raptor that takes up as little space near the window of the bed as ill be using the bed to transport my road bikes and mountain bikes. I tested fitted the bike and the rear wheel comes 4,5 inches from the front of the bed near the truck window. for example that revolver x2/4 rolls up and its a bundle right there, I think it should clear the rear wheel, but not 100% certain. some that slide and retract, and especially those that fold take up more space off that window and thus the rear wheel of the biek wouldn't snug into that space .

anyone have some experience with all this? some suggestions?
whats the best cover that you would suggest that gets nice and tight/snug in that space??

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
tonneau covers for 18 raptor

question for those who know the various manufacturers. - want to get something for the raptor that takes up as little space near the window of the bed as ill be using the bed to transport my road bikes and mountain bikes. I tested fitted the bike and the rear wheel comes 4,5 inches from the front of the bed near the truck window. for example that revolver x2/4 rolls up and its a bundle right there, I think it should clear the rear wheel, but not 100% certain. some that slide and retract, and especially those that fold take up more space off that window and thus the rear wheel of the biek wouldn't snug into that space .

anyone have some experience with all this? some suggestions?
whats the best cover that you would suggest that gets nice and tight/snug in that space??

Sounds like the Revolver X4 would work nicely for you since it folds up above the bed rails and would have enough room for your bike.

If you'd like a quote, please let me know and I'll be happy to help get you setup!

OP
OP
spg993tt

spg993tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the Revolver X4 would work nicely for you since it folds up above the bed rails and would have enough room for your bike.

If you'd like a quote, please let me know and I'll be happy to help get you setup!

sure, pls do so, much appreciated pM me. i still want to research it a bit more, but i think you are correct that the x4 which rolls up could work .

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

also , ive read mixed things, would you consider that x4 to be water tight, ?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
sure, pls do so, much appreciated pM me. i still want to research it a bit more, but i think you are correct that the x4 which rolls up could work .

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

also , ive read mixed things, would you consider that x4 to be water tight, ?

PM inbound with your quote.

I wouldn't consider the cover to be waterproof, but it is fairly weatherproof. I don't know of any cover on the market that is considered waterproof.

That said, I've never had an issue with water ingress on our Bak MX4 on our shop truck.

customtruckshop

LGE-CTS Motorsports
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The revolver would be nice because its one of the few secure rolling covers that doesn't roll into a large tank, and they look awesome because they sit flush. Or Bak industries has their G2 and MX4 hard folding which folds against and back window and is super easy to remove if you still want back window visibility, the rails would stay on the truck but the cover removes with 2 small hand knobs.
Cant go wrong either way.

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are old enough to drive a car, and obviously have been able to buy one. What on earth do you need to haul around those childrens toys for? Apologies if they are actually for your children...

OP
OP
spg993tt

spg993tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are old enough to drive a car, and obviously have been able to buy one. What on earth do you need to haul around those childrens toys for? Apologies if they are actually for your children...

some of the downhill bikes are probably as technical as a motorcross bike, maybe as expensive, and just fricking haul off the side of a mountain.
i hope to pass from this planet enjoying the living heck out of things. yes, 3 kids. they are soccer, hockey, soccer. toys are mine.

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some of the downhill bikes are probably as technical as a motorcross bike, maybe as expensive, and just fricking haul off the side of a mountain.
i hope to pass from this planet enjoying the living heck out of things. yes, 3 kids. they are soccer, hockey, soccer. toys are mine.

Right up until you have to go back up the mountain... Then the bike with the engine kills pedal power. Same stupid argument from skiers who think snowmobiles are less technical or less exercise.

I noticed road bikes mentioned too. That is an excellent way to get yourself dead around here as far as I am concerned. Bikes do not belong on the roads, period.

Have fun with your toys, even if they are bad choices:mwah1: