GEN 2 Tonneau Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYOK

Reaction score
I've had Retrax and Roll-N-Lock. Both retract into a canister. Retrax is polycarbonate. Roll-N-Lock is aluminum with a bonded vinyl surface. I found the Retrax to be more durable and is much lighter than the Roll-N-Lock. Both are very high quality and in a different universe than soft or folding tonneau's.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im leaning tword the Retrax myself.. Going to wait until Sema to see my options though.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok after some research on this I'm definitely going Bakflip F1 with the TracRac sliding system. Thanks for pointing out TracRac Nordic! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just watched a retrax pro installation video. Seems straightforward. Love the look and the ease of use. Question: Are there bed racks that would work with these covers? I often carry surfboards, kayaks, SUPs, and would like to have a rack + tonneau cover combo. Any experience in this area?

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just watched a retrax pro installation video. Seems straightforward. Love the look and the ease of use. Question: Are there bed racks that would work with these covers? I often carry surfboards, kayaks, SUPs, and would like to have a rack + tonneau cover combo. Any experience in this area?

I also just watched the retrax install video, and all of their other videos, and the one thing that caught my attention is that their side rails cover all access to the stake holes and you have to actually cut through them in order to install any type of tie-down D-ring or other accessory. That I do not care for. The other brands already discussed here don't require the additional cutting.

Nordic

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I also just watched the retrax install video, and all of their other videos, and the one thing that caught my attention is that their side rails cover all access to the stake holes and you have to actually cut through them in order to install any type of tie-down D-ring or other accessory. That I do not care for. The other brands already discussed here don't require the additional cutting.

I responded to similar question here:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260...er-also-folding-49768/index5.html#post1036399

Retrax has stake pocket cutouts on their rails. Website does not show cutout part # for 5.5 bed but I emailed and they said they were available.

Tracrac looks like a very nice rack with cantilever extension and 1250 lb capacity. Part of Thule so accessories look good as well.

The other issue not posted in the other response is additional weatherstripping will need to be added beneath the tracrac rail as half sits on the bed and half on the Retrax rail. I don't think this is an issue with backflip covers.

Last edited:

Lee358

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for about a week to try and find a cover that you can use a bed rack with. Looks like the only option is the Pace Edwards. Has anyone else found anything similar?

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the bakflip HD and neighbor brought up the point about security and being able to fish hook the release cable. I'm thinking of attaching an L bracket infront of the cable for a little more prevention. What's everyone else's idea?

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for about a week to try and find a cover that you can use a bed rack with. Looks like the only option is the Pace Edwards. Has anyone else found anything similar?

Pace Edwards looks great and I like the explorer rail for Thule load bars. I think I'll be going this route. Thanks for posting this one!

consolidated

Reaction score
I responded to similar question here:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260...er-also-folding-49768/index5.html#post1036399

Retrax has stake pocket cutouts on their rails. Website does not show cutout part # for 5.5 bed but I emailed and they said they were available.

Tracrac looks like a very nice rack with cantilever extension and 1250 lb capacity. Part of Thule so accessories look good as well.

The other issue not posted in the other response is additional weatherstripping will need to be added beneath the tracrac rail as half sits on the bed and half on the Retrax rail. I don't think this is an issue with backflip covers.

A few years ago the only product I found to integrate with a TracRac was the BAK Roll-X. The tonneau has to operate within the confines of the TracRac rails and the Roll-X was narrow enough. This was on a 2011 F250. Worked great for fishing kayaks.