GEN 2 Tonneau Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dd07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone install a t-cover with ADD chase rack in place? Does one even exist? -thx

Philly_Raptor

Reaction score
Just installed the retraction pro mx on my 18 today, very happy with the quality. Not concerned about leaks due to the application I’m going for, but it’s pouring tonight with no issues as of yet.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a Retrax from a lady on craigslist to put on my 2011 Rap for a whopping $120. Bought a 2017 Rap, transferred it to the new truck, works great for that one too, my personal Deal of the Decade.

Bigs125

Reaction score
I've been looking around a bit for covers as Ill need a new one once my '18 arrives in late March. Debating between the BAK Revolver X4 and the Diamondback 270. Looks like both have pretty good success with others here. I have some time to figure it out, but if anyone wants to share their experience with either cover, I'd appreciate it!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've been looking around a bit for covers as Ill need a new one once my '18 arrives in late March. Debating between the BAK Revolver X4 and the Diamondback 270. Looks like both have pretty good success with others here. I have some time to figure it out, but if anyone wants to share their experience with either cover, I'd appreciate it!

You’re really at opposite ends of the spectrum there with your choices.

I’d say the first question you should ask yourself is if (and how often) you plan to haul items in your bed that are taller that the bed walls? That’s the real benefit to the rolling or folding covers.

If your priority is security and you don’t need to haul tall items, then the Diamondback is the choice I’d lean towards.

If your priority is accessibility and ability to carry an array of different size items, you may lean more towards the Revolver.

Let me know if we can help narrow it down or go over options with you!

Bigs125

Reaction score
You’re really at opposite ends of the spectrum there with your choices.

I’d say the first question you should ask yourself is if (and how often) you plan to haul items in your bed that are taller that the bed walls? That’s the real benefit to the rolling or folding covers.

If your priority is security and you don’t need to haul tall items, then the Diamondback is the choice I’d lean towards.

If your priority is accessibility and ability to carry an array of different size items, you may lean more towards the Revolver.

Let me know if we can help narrow it down or go over options with you!

Thanks Nick! I agree with your point in that I'm at opposite ends of things. Mainly liked the Diamondback due to the security and weather resistance aspects. I don't haul a lot of things around that are tall, but, due to work, I keep a few storage bins in the bed of my current truck. Securing them is most important for me. I currently have a Fold-a-Cover G4 on my '08 King Ranch, which I like but it's gotten less water-resistant over the years. So, I'm looking for a change.

I like the clean lines of the Revolver, but I agree with you that the Diamondback is probably better suited to my needs. I'll probably look to make the purchase in mid-March, so at least I have some time. I appreciate your help and will be sure to contact you when I'm ready to buy.

Thanks again!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Nick! I agree with your point in that I'm at opposite ends of things. Mainly liked the Diamondback due to the security and weather resistance aspects. I don't haul a lot of things around that are tall, but, due to work, I keep a few storage bins in the bed of my current truck. Securing them is most important for me. I currently have a Fold-a-Cover G4 on my '08 King Ranch, which I like but it's gotten less water-resistant over the years. So, I'm looking for a change.

I like the clean lines of the Revolver, but I agree with you that the Diamondback is probably better suited to my needs. I'll probably look to make the purchase in mid-March, so at least I have some time. I appreciate your help and will be sure to contact you when I'm ready to buy.

Thanks again!

I'm glad that helped clear things up for you. Looking forward to working with you; we'll be here when you're ready!

GrayGhostDog1

Reaction score
The new Bakflip Revolver X4 is good-to-go, but I was looking more for the clean lines, matte black finish, and low in added weight versus security and weather resistance... I actually was leaning more towards the Truxedo Pro X15 before the release of the new Revolver X4 due to its much lighter weight and ease of removal.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk