Tonneau Cover GatorTrax vs Retrax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlGen3Raptor

Reaction score
Truck is finally on its way. I'm currently looking at the Retrax Pro MX or GatorTrax Mx. I can't see much of a difference. Any thoughts between the 2 or any other recommendations for a retractable cover?

MookeyB37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You set on a retractable?

I looked at a ton of covers and spent endless hours watch videos and reviews on them.

I decided on the BakFlip X4S over a retractable. The bed on the raptor is already short enough, didn’t wanna lose even more with the box the retractables roll into.

The X4S still provides the security that a hard rolling cover provides but rolls completely out of the way when rolled up.

DMCM35

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out the new Retrax that you can control with your phone or a keypad, also the slats are smaller width.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I had a Retrax 1 on my F350. Loved it. Didn't see the need to have it remote operated. It takes a bit adjusting the side rails to operate smoothly, but you are set once done.

I had a backflip on one of my Harley F150s, hated it. The wind on the freeway kept slamming it onto whatever I had in the bed.

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the Retrax Pro MX installed def recommend.
I second this! I installed mine and after messing with it for a couple hours I couldn’t get it squared up. Finally measured the rails and one was 1/2” longer than the other. Their customer service was great and they Fedex’d two new rails. If you do it yourself measure the rails first lol.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
You set on a retractable?

I looked at a ton of covers and spent endless hours watch videos and reviews on them.

I decided on the BakFlip X4S over a retractable. The bed on the raptor is already short enough, didn’t wanna lose even more with the box the retractables roll into.

The X4S still provides the security that a hard rolling cover provides but rolls completely out of the way when rolled up.
This.